Time for me to ask for prayers!

Kathy & Rich
on 3/5/06 9:18 pm - Fairfax, VA
Tomorrow is the big day for my sister. She has her bilateral (double) mastectomy and reconstructive surgery tomorrow at 7:30 am. The surgery will be a long one because of the type of reconstruction that she decided on. It is called DIEP - don't remember what it is an acronym for but the surgery uses stomach tissue and not stomach muscle for the reconstruction. The blood vessels in the abdomen are left intake so it is a more time consuming intricate surgery. The plastic surgeon said if he leaves by 9:30 PM, it was an excellent day. He said if he leaves by midnight, it is a good day. So, the surgery should be 14-18 hours. That is a long time to be in surgery. Hopefully the pathology will come back and confirm early stage cancer. Right now, they aren't sure about chemo or not. It will depend on the size of the area and other factors. She will be on hormone therapy after surgery since she the needle biopsy was positive for both estrogen and progesterone receptors. I do appreciate all the support and love you've shown me! Thanks, Kathy
yvette223
on 3/5/06 9:29 pm - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
Kathy, you and your family are in my prayers, i wish your sister a speedy recovery (((hugs))) yvette
Kathy & Rich
on 3/6/06 5:31 am - Fairfax, VA
Thank you so much, Yvette! Hugs, Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 3/5/06 9:34 pm - Remington, VA
Kathy, I wish the best fo ryour sister. I'll pray that she recovers from a successful surgery and hears the news she wants. May angels look over her and her family during the lengthy surgery. Kirsten
Kathy & Rich
on 3/6/06 5:32 am - Fairfax, VA
Thank you, Kirsten! Hugs, Kathy
Kitty Kat
on 3/5/06 9:50 pm - Richmond, VA
Hey beautiful... My list grows and you and your family have BEEN on it. I actually have a notebook where I list 3 things each day I'm thankful for (sometimes more) and below it all those I want to pray for and I KNOW God is listening. Hugs & to you and your family, Kitty Kat
Kathy & Rich
on 3/6/06 5:33 am - Fairfax, VA
Thanks so much, KK! Appreciate all the prayers! Hugs, Kathy
jilldennis
on 3/5/06 10:21 pm - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Kathy You, your sister and your family are in my thoughts and prayers! Many hugs!!! Jill
Kathy & Rich
on 3/6/06 5:34 am - Fairfax, VA
Thanks so much, JB! Hugs, Kathy
lawoman
on 3/5/06 10:32 pm - Hellertown, PA
done, sending some thoughts and prayers your way! luv ya LA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views