A new wow moment for me...

spaceystacey
on 3/5/06 12:33 pm - Littleton, NC
I had to go shopping for something suitable to wear to a funeral. Hubby and I stopped in Dress Barn Friday night on our way out of town. I picked up and tried on several outfits in a size 12. They all fit perfectly. Then I picked up a skirt and tried it on. It was a little more snug than everything else, but I got it on without any problems. I looked at the tag and it was a 10! A freaking 10! Then I found another outfit that I really liked, but there were no 12's. There was a 10, however. I tried it on and it fit too! I am pretty sure that the skirt was a different label. I guess I can consider it official that I am a size 10! The reason this is so unbelievable and amazing for me is that I have never been a size 10. Never ever. Well, not that I can remember, anyway. In middle school I was in 12's. Junior high was 14's. High school was 16's and I only went up from there. I have been on cloud 9 all weekend and I just had to share! I hope everyone had a great weekend! hugs, Stacey
Shanana
on 3/5/06 8:08 pm - Altavista, VA
Congratulations. Cant wait until i get to that point. I remember 16's in the sixth grade. Felt too old in big clothes then. Never the same styles as the other kids. Looks like you will be in single digits soon. Ohhhhhh WHat a feeling!!! Shannon
spaceystacey
on 3/6/06 9:14 am - Littleton, NC
Thank you, Shannon! I know what you mean about styles, too. It's so great to be able to wear normal sized clothes. The smallest size in the women's section was way too big! It was definately awesome. You will be there before you know it! hugs, Stacey
jilldennis
on 3/5/06 10:19 pm - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Stacey - My WLS was on 8/30 too! Isn't it awesome being in a 10!!! I still just can't believe it! Keep up the great work! Hugs! Jill
spaceystacey
on 3/6/06 9:17 am - Littleton, NC
I know! I am still in shock! You look absolutely wonderful, Jill! I am amazed and inspired by your progress. You keep up the great work too! hugs, Stacey
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/5/06 11:53 pm - Danville, VA
Stacy, That is amazing and I would be on cloud 9 too....Wow a definate wow moment. Isn't this journey amazing? I love it. I am so proud of you.... Hugs, Betsy
spaceystacey
on 3/6/06 9:20 am - Littleton, NC
Thank you, Betsy. This journey has been incredible and I am so greatful for it. You are doing so well. I am very proud of you too! Keep up the great work! hugs, Stacey p.s. Happy belated Birthday!!! I'm sorry I missed the actual day.
Ms Court
on 3/6/06 12:10 am - Remington, VA
Wow Stacey that is great. Keep up the good work. Courtney 13 1/2 weeks out - 62 lbs
spaceystacey
on 3/6/06 9:22 am - Littleton, NC
Thanks Courtney! 13 weeks out and down 62 puonds is a fantastic job! Keep up the great work! hugs, Stacey
hollydecarlo
on 3/6/06 2:21 am - hopewell, VA
that is awesome CONGRAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views