Happy Sunday - RISE and SHINE!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/06 8:09 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning friends, RISE and SHINE!!!!!! Don't you hate people that wake up with all kinds of energy and pep? hehehe, yep, Im one of those peeps, but I also fade out early too. Thanks to ALL who played, loved reading your responses to the TGIF senseless questions. It's a fun way to LEARN more about each of you (ie, fun way for me to be NOSEY and get away with it?) and YES, I really DO read all of them. So does Paul, he made the comment that there were too many "chick flicks" listed for Favorite Movies (aaaaaah, what does he know?) I hope everyone is having a great Sunday? Betsy?? Did you have a wonderful Birthday??? Hey, what about Deborah B, didn't you say this was YOUR Birthday Weekend too??? What kinda wonderful and exciting stuff did you two gorgeous ladies do? Oh and let's not forget, today is Sharon's (Bookies) very important day as well, she's getting MARRIED!!!! ANYONE IN THE RICHMOND area going to the wedding??? If so, share the photos and the details, please!!! So surely I'm NOT the only one awake, am I? What's everyones plans for this gorgeous day? Paul and I have a tona' errands to run - his mom (which Ive really adopted as MINE) is coming to town and I want the place to be "just perfect" so of course that's slang for "we have to spend money, honey". Then we'll probably keep it low key, hang out near the house, charcoal something for dinner. Anyone ever eat DEER MEAT?? Got any special recipes for it? Oh my my - I'm trying really hard to convince myself that it's NOT Bambi or any of Bambi's extended family. A good friend of ours (also from the VaBoard) Kim/Sunflower Girl, brought over a huge cooler of deer parts, er, I mean, deer meat for several of us to share. Im the only one in the group that has never tried deer before. What can I say - we don't have 'em running wild in Hawaii. I don't even know how to COOK the stuff, but thankfully that'll work in my favor - it means PAUL's doing the cooking today. Okay - enough rambling from me, TAG someone else is it. Hugs - Lei .
MrsTonyaBrown
on 3/4/06 8:21 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Can't help you with recipes, honey, but I soooo miss venison. I was a country girl from the deep swamps of Florida, where you had to worry about alligators eating your cows, that kind of thing. My mom used to deep fry everything so that's the only way I remember venison. I love chewing something that's been cooked all the way through. I think it's why I love steak now. I can cook it on the stove with just some light seasonings and it's still good for me. But yes, I soooooo miss venison. I refuse to eat it now though as I don't want to have expectations of what it will taste like without the flour coating and deep frying. And the sad thing is, I haven't had anything deep fried in about 5 or 6 years and I still miss it sometimes. Hugs and good luck, Tonya
(deactivated member)
on 3/4/06 8:38 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning sweet lady! ...boy you know how to grab someones attention, bright and early, huh? Good grief, ALIGATORS eating the COWS?!?!? I lived such a sheltered life, heck we don't even have SNAKES there. The mongoose keeps our islands free of the slithering varmints. Wait - we do have sharks, I guess that could compete with the dangers of 'gators. Speaking of FRIED foods? I've never tried venison that way (obviously) BUT, one of my favoritest FRIED foods? OREO's!!! Tried them once at a fair in Washington. Talk about making that discovery too late in life - wish Id had a chance to enjoy it (over and over) before my surgery. Good stuff, Maynard!! Enjoy your day - it's gonna be beauty! Hugs - Lei Oh, and if you or anyone else is interested, here is a recipe that I just rec'd from Kim for Deer Chili (sure looks good). 1 lb ground lean ground beef ½ cup yellow onion 3 jalepeno peppers (chopped) 1 habanero pepper (chopped) 1 green pepper (chopped) 1 (16 oz) can refried beans w/green chilis 2 (16 oz) can red beans 1 (16 oz) can tomato sauce ½ cup water 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes ½ tsp garlic salt ½ tsp salt ½ tsp cayenne pepper 3 tbsp chili powder Brown beef, peppers, onions and drain fat. Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for about an hour. (*makes 8 ½ cup servings, we usually double this recipe to make a big pot, if it seems too hot you can leave out the habanero pepper)
Kathy & Rich
on 3/4/06 9:13 pm - Fairfax, VA
Morning, Early Riser! Been up for a while. Just sippin' on the morning's protein shake to start my day. Yesterday we took a trip down to the Russell Stover outlet to get our Sugar Free fixes on and stock up. It is just south of Fredericksburg. Unfortunately, a trucker didn't see us beside him and decided he liked our lane better than his and the front tire on his trailer met our driver's side rear door. Luckily, we are fine and the car didn't get it too bad. Paint was whirred off but it doesn't look like much denting. Think a paint job will fix 'er up. Yes, and that is the Cadillac that the gal from that carb store thought meant that we were "rich". A 5 year old caddie we bought from my dad. The only thing rich in our family is Rich's name. BTW, that "event" at our support group is Monday. Sorry I missed your email(s). I was going through a clean and purge my mailbox period. Good luck with the venison. Never had it, never made it. Heard it is good though. Have a great day! Hugs, Kathy
bkhunter68
on 3/4/06 10:47 pm - VA
Is the packaged and marked, Meaning does it look like a butcher cut it up. I just need to know what you are working with. And no its not bambi, I got that one years ago
Shanana
on 3/4/06 11:30 pm - Altavista, VA
I love a deer roast but now i have to make sure it aint too dry. Pre surgery I soaked it in vinegar milk and sal****er, removes some of the wild taste. I cook w/ onions for flavor. I like lots of pepper on mine. I have also cooked in crock pot w/ healthy request cream of mushroom soup. Makes a good sauce. I make a good mexican dip w/ the deer hamburger. You cook like hamburger then mix in 2 packs taco seasoning. Then mix in 2 cans refried beans. Put in bottom of cake pan. Then cover w/ layer of sour cream the layer of salsa. Then cover w/ shredded cheddar. Bake to melt the cheese until bubbly. Can eat by itself or w/ baked tostitos. Hope you like. Shannon
jilldennis
on 3/5/06 2:35 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Lei this is actually, Jill, Betsy, JoAnn and Holly - (Tink and Cappy just left to head north) We missed you last night at Clucks!!!! OMFC!!!! You would have just died!!!! Love you bunches....next time you will have to be here!!!
bkhunter68
on 3/5/06 3:47 am - VA
Well at least I know she will be home by bed time. See judy bennett call post for more from me.
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/5/06 10:07 am - Danville, VA
Lei.....You are so funny...I love to read your posts so please keep them coming. I still like the one about the chinese restaurant....glad that Paul likes to cook but I can't do venison...too wild for this mild child...hehe....Cluck, Cluck...Wish you could have been here this weekend and thanks for the birthday wi**** was the best birthday ever. I love ya... Hugs, betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views