BMI

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/06 5:37 am - Virginia Beach, VA
My BMI is 44.6 which makes me extremly obese according to the BMI calculator. I am looking at new insurances and one reads that it covers WLS for Morbidly obsese. Is morbidly the same as extremly? still waiting to be a loser Corinn
hollydecarlo
on 3/3/06 6:39 am - hopewell, VA
my bmi was about the same as your and my ins. covered it.
~ Julie ~
on 3/3/06 8:09 am - Reston, VA
RNY on 04/18/06 with
From what I've learned so far, there are three types of obese: Just "obese" ... BMI 30-40 Morbidly obese ... BMI 40-50 and Super Morbid Obesity ... BMI 50 and above. Hope this helps. -Julie
Kathy & Rich
on 3/3/06 8:18 am - Fairfax, VA
Hey Julie! I wanted to tell you that you are fine hands. I love Dr. M. He didn't do my WLS or my husbands - they were done by former partners of his. But Dr. M does our aftercare. He did my gallbladder surgery in October and just operated on my parathyroid/thyroid last Friday. He'll take great care of you! Kathy
teddy1960
on 3/3/06 12:28 pm - norton, VA
hello my name is linda allen mt BNI IS 50 THAT NOT GOOD I know it bad ,,i want to talk with some one who has had the bariatric surgery, and that close by and that around 45 like me and what am i look at .. right now i dont have insue,, but have some medical trouble phlebitis,, on right side kness going out on left side .. in the last 5 years some has pop up wrong with me ,,,,,i want to do this for my heath,
(deactivated member)
on 3/3/06 9:08 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Corinn - MOST insurance companies require that your BMI be at least 40, to qualify for surgery. Although some will accept a BMI at 35, if you have a lot of HEALTH issues (comorbidities). So yes, 44.6 should "qualify" if your insurance covers WLS. I absolutely detest the terms OBESE and then of course the medical world gets a bright idea to attach "Morbidly" in front of it, making it that much more disgusting. Ugh! Good luck to you on your journey ~ Lei
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views