9 DAYS POST OP

cheryl_jagow
on 3/2/06 9:00 pm - CHESAPEAKE, VA
Hello everyone. I am officially 9 days post op. It's so different stroking those keys on this key board!!!!! I have lost 18 pounds. I am knocking on wood for this! I have not thrown up, not been nauseous, had a disagreement with food (yet), I have been up and allll around town feeling normal again since the surgery and I haven't had any problems yet!!!! The only thing is I think im allergic to the steri strips on my tummy and it itches and has raised bumps... Itchy so bad!!!! Anyways I didn't know how addicted to food I was until after this surgery, until after I cant have it!!! I walk out of my house and I can smell the restaurants! For real. I never "smelled" them before. I have been dying to eat a hamburger! And I cant wait until that day! I will be sad that I cant have some of the same stuff as I use to have. But that's ok and im willing to accept that in order to make me a healthier person! Im kinda getting tired of this liquid phase. I have struggled with getting all my protein in. I guess that would be my down fall. I know that's an important part of this new lifestyle and I know I have to get those shakes down! I have my first post-op check up today. The dr is so funny. I love him. So I am doing very very well, better than what I had anticipated. I still have a little tenderness in my tummy. I want to thank everyone for there help and advise to me. Oh by the way has anyone tried to eat mac & cheeses? Just wondering! I hate to say bye to pasta!
Carole V.
on 3/2/06 11:05 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Hey Cheryl, Congrats on your terrific recovery. I love to hear when folks don't have any complications. Just keep plugging and doing your best. Think of those protein shakes as medicine to keep you going. They help you to heal faster, think clearer, and just feel better all around. You may feel fine outside but remember that you are still healing inside, which is why it is better to stick to the liquids for now. Follow those doc's orders and you'll do great. As for mac & cheese, well, you can try it, but remember that pasta will make you uncomfortably full, there may not be any room for protein. When you get to solids, try eating as much protein as you can first, then if you have any room, allow yourself a bite or two of pasta. You will still get the wonderful taste, but not all the high sugar carbs than if you just ate pasta alone. It's a little trick that works for all successful WLS peeps, protein first, then the yummy stuff. All the best, Carole
Ms Court
on 3/2/06 11:20 pm - Remington, VA
Wow Cheryl you are doing great. I am so glad to hear things are going so well. If you are having problems with the protein shakes because of the taste, keep trying diffeent kinds. As for the cheesburger, that was one of my favorites, pre op and I figured out how to have one post op in pureed stages. What I did was I took ground beef (97/3) and browned it, put half a slice of low fat cheese on top along with 5 dots of ketchup, mixed it all up and ate it. It was the best and tasted soooo good and helped me to feel like I was eating normal. Keep up the good work. Courtney 13 weeks out - 58 lbs
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/2/06 11:23 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Sweetie....Sounds like you are right on track. It is hard saying goodbye to all the good foods but things taste different after surgery. You think you are craving something but when you get a bite of it, it isn't like you remembered. Although, my salads still taste wonderful. The head hunger is the worst but as the months pass, that does too or it does get better. Keep up the good work....the liquid diet is the worst but will soon be gone. Hugs, Betsy
wanda
on 3/3/06 3:34 am
Hi Cheryl! So glad to hear how you're doing as a LOSER! You're off to a fantastic start! Kepp up the good work!! ~Wanda
Christine Hood
on 3/3/06 7:42 am - Fort Eustis, VA
congrats girl!!! i am so glad to hear that you haven't had any problems...i can't wait til i'm there with ya! christine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views