first post-surgery appt!

karruthers72
on 3/2/06 8:25 am - Suffolk, VA
Hey everyone, Just went to my first follow-appointment this afternoon. I was excited to learn that I have lost 20lbs since my surgery on 2-20. That is really amazing. I have been feeling really well and have only had one bout of nasuea thus far. The gallbladder medicine they have me taking is so gross but I only have about six more weeks until I can swallow the pill. Here's the thing that is killing me. I am really mourning food right now. I am thinking of all the things that I should have had one last bite of before the surgery and I am craving things even though I have not been hungry yet. The head hunger is kicking my butt. For those of you further out, does it get any better? I really hope it does. It is the only thing that is keeping me from feeling 100% right now. Logan
Kathy & Rich
on 3/2/06 8:39 am - Fairfax, VA
Logan, Congratulations on your progress already! You are doing great! Yes, those gallbladder pills are nasty. Very nasty. There are alot of things at this point in time that seem like you won't ever have again but most likely at some point down the road - you will. Alot will depend on how your body reacts to foods and what you choose to feed it. I'm over 9 months post-op and I eat most everything except for sugar. I haven't tried it and don't intend to. I just assume I dump at this point. I eat light on the carbs and rarely have bread, rice, pasta, etc. That is my decision - for some folks that type of food is fine - for me...I get quick spikes in my weight when I eat them. I've always been very sensitive to carbs so on most of my days I stick to proteins and non-starchy vegie carbs. Life does indeed get better. As you can add more food and textures in... you'll feel better. Kathy
elizabethc03
on 3/2/06 12:52 pm - Cypress, TX
Logan, I'm only two months out but I went thru the same thing about a month ago. Now, I honestly have to force myself to eat...maybe that will change in another month but for the time being the head is quiet. I did have a sip of sweetened iced tea once on accident (I ordered unsweetened but they served me ultra sugared) and it was absolutely terrible. It was so sweet the taste made me sick, no dumping symptoms it just tasted like I licked a sugar bowl covered in syrup. So although you may think you want something trust me on this one...you wouldn't be happy if you got it, it wouldn't taste the same. Liz
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/2/06 10:45 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Logan...the head hunger is the worst but it does get better. I almost have to force myself to eat now! I think my taste buds have been adjusted too...nothing tastes the same anymore. Good luck and you are doing great. Hugs, Betsy
aprilholt
on 3/4/06 2:40 am - hampton, va
Hi Logan, I'm not to far ahead of you ,had my surgery on 1-30-06, I don't know if what I have is so much head hunger as SIZE hunger, I feel so deprived eating the little bit even if I am full...hard to exsplain,....I have been naughty a couple times and I found out sugar doesn't effect me at all,...godd that I don't get sick, BUT bad that I know I can eat the forbidden.... I think when I can sit down to a normal sized plate w/ normal/small portions I'll be happy.......the only thing I really crave is Salad but my Doc says give it a couple more weeks... Hang in there...I've been told it gets better April down 26pds
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views