Reevue Metabolic testing...

Ernurse323
on 3/1/06 4:25 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Just curious what everyone's opinion on this is. Did you get it done or didn't you? Did you think it was worth it? My surgeon said he wasn't certain how accurate it would be with my thyroid problems. Whatch y'all think???? Thanks mucho in advance !!! Dana
Kathy & Rich
on 3/1/06 7:34 am - Fairfax, VA
Hey, Dana! I really don't know anything about it but do know that the one trainer that works with some post-ops at the hospital here does some type of metabolic testing. I admit to being quite curious and hope to get Rich and I both tested. I'm definitely curious! I did look at this site for info about what you posted... http://www.sweetsciencenutrition.com/metabolic2.htm Sounds interesting. Not sure if this is what the trainer uses or if he does something different. I know he measures you at rest and then along with exercise - that's the extent of my wee bit of knowledge. From that site it does sound like thyroid issues can skew things. I'm guessing since I still now only have half of a thyroid that I don't need any meds but I guess I'll find out on Friday when I see my endo. Let us know what you decide to do and what you find out! Definitely curious! Kathy
A10sFrau
on 3/1/06 9:06 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
I have never heard of this kind of test. Let us know about it. Lois
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/1/06 10:08 am - Danville, VA
Hi Sweetie...I haven't a clue...let us know how it goes..I am curious now. Hugs, Betsy
(deactivated member)
on 3/1/06 9:29 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
. Hello Beeeee'yootiful!!! How the heck are the nerves? Are you on cloud 9 still? Hopefully a semi euphoric state'a mind, too excited to be nervous! lol, or at the very least, the chillin's are keeping mom too busy to even think about anything else? Well, cept for #1 and #2 (hair loss and mentrual cycles) which Im not allowed to bring up, per your post yesterday, so I won't! I never had one done, but I think it woulda' been COOL to have the info prior to weight loss. Heck, if it's not going to cost you anything - GET IT! So what if the numbers are a bit skewed, it still would be kinda neat to have a 'starting point' to monitor it by? Have a 'wunnerfuld day - it's supposed to be GOREGOUS on the beach today (as you already know) and I'll probably spend it doing house work - oh joy, not! Hugs - Lei .
(deactivated member)
on 3/1/06 9:44 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
. LOL uh, I meant "Gorgeous Day" ....not GORE-gous! That sound kinda painful, actually? .
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views