Lunchitime Heaven

Ms Court
on 3/1/06 2:55 am - Remington, VA
Okay so yesterday I ventured and tried a salad for the first time since surgery. Don't ask why I was afraid because I am not really sure. Well I had a grilled chicken salad and it was ok but not spectacular. Today as I am out runing errands I decide I want a taco salad so into Taco Bell I go. I am in heaven. I swear the only thing that has tasted this good since surgery is when my mom made chicken cordon blue. Now that I have a full saatisfied belly I could really use a nap. Courtney 13 weeks out - 58 lbs
Kathy & Rich
on 3/1/06 7:38 am - Fairfax, VA
Awesome Courtney! I know how fearful one can get when adding foods back into your diet yet how wonderful it is when they are well tolerated! I remember when Rich had his first post-op salad he was in heaven! It was at a restaurant and it was a chopped salad...everything beautifully prediced and displayed in rows across the bowl. He still remembers it quite fondly! Enjoy! Kathy
A10sFrau
on 3/1/06 9:39 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hey Court, I have started the Taco Bell Chicken Taco Salad this week myself. I pick thru them and try not to eat too much lettuce since I am only 1 month out. What seems to suit me are the beans (which I have been having for several weeks alone), the small amount of chicken, dash of salsa which is not sweet, sour cream and just enough lettuce for a little crunch. How could I forget the cheddar? I agree, while I certainly can't even eat half the salad, I feel satisfied. Too bad we haven't found other 'complete' foods that feel just as satisfying. I will say that I was quite happy with Orville Redenbacher's 94% Fat Free last weekend. I only ate 1 measured cup, but felt full AND happy with what I had eaten. Since it has so little fat, I was able to save the left over for the next day. Lois
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/1/06 10:04 am - Danville, VA
Courtney, I love salads...I couldn't wait to get them back and had to wait 6 weeks....the first one was wonderful....I think I will have one tonight for dinner. Yummy....love ya bunches... Hugs, Betsy
jilldennis
on 3/1/06 11:38 pm - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Courtney - I still say you need to get a new picture in! You are doing soooo great! My favorite thing right now is a taco salad from Los Toltecos - it's a Mexican restaurant near our house! I love it...I would have it everyday if I could! The other night we went to a Greek restaurant and I had a Greek salad with feta cheese...it was good - but the taco salad was better! Miss you! Hugs! Jill
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views