A wee****il my surgery

TSChisom
on 3/1/06 2:06 am - Moneta, VA
I was scheduled to have my surgery on February 20 (the same day as Julie) but had to postpone because my grandmother passed away unexpectantly. I am now scheduled for Wednesday, March 8 I am looking for an angel and a lot of support. Has anyone heard from Julie by chance? I seen that she made it through the surgery but nothing other than that. I have a lot of mixed emotions with the surgery and a lot of what-if's. Any advice or encouragement would be great. As I said I live in Moneta, Va but am going to Kane, PA to have my surgery through Liv-Lite. Thank you all for being so positive
Ms Court
on 3/1/06 2:40 am - Remington, VA
Tammy, I am sorry for the loss of your grandmother. I am sure that those emotions along with what you are experiencing regarding surgery are very overwhelming. The mixed emotions and what-ifs are normal. I was so nervous right up untill the moment that they wheeled me back to the operating room. I almost chickened out but I wanted to be healthy & happy more than I was willing to be scared. I am 13 weeks out from surgery and I haven't regretted it at all. The experiences I have had and the wow moments are worth it. Please feel free to email me if you would like to talk some. Courtney 13 weeks out - 58 lbs
Tam
on 3/1/06 2:41 am - Richmond, VA
What kind of surgery are you going to have? Tammy C
TSChisom
on 3/1/06 3:09 am - Moneta, VA
I am having the open procedure done. What type did you have? Have a wonderful and blessed evening
(deactivated member)
on 3/1/06 3:08 am - Remington, VA
Tammy, You're going through a lot as of late. I wish you the best always. I know for me I've battled lately with my decision to have the surgery, but I also know it's the best choice. I would be afraid of continuing on with the loss-gain pattern which is not healthy. This surgery allows you a tool to improve your life and if used correctly you'll reap the awards. I've gone through and read and reread profiles of postops. I know one for sure that inspired me was Leilani's. I dont even know her, and I hope she doesn't mind me using her name, but she brought me way up when I was feeling way down. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Good luck! Kirsten
ElizabethC
on 3/1/06 3:13 am - Wirtz, VA
Hey Tammy, Sorry about the email...I sent it before I read this post! I live near you, in Wirtz, but my surgery isn't until the 20th. I can't get to Pa. for your surgery, and may not know until mine what you will be experiencing post-op, but I will definitely keep you in my prayers and am just down the road from where you are once home and recovering Hang in there with the emotions. Totally normal (even though not fun) to be going through the waves of "what-ifs". I'm dealing with that too. So sorry about your grandmother too Mine passed away November 6th, and it's still so hard to not be able to go visit or call her. Elizabeth
Shanana
on 3/1/06 7:25 am - Altavista, VA
Praying all will go well for ya. You are not far up the road from me. We have a great support group in Lynchburg. Email me if you want the details. I will be praying for ya. Shannon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views