Airborne? Trying to stay healthy!

ElizabethC
on 2/28/06 9:53 pm - Wirtz, VA
Another quick question: My daughter's school is a breeding ground for strep, flu, stomach viruses, and colds right now Last Friday, 40+ kids were out sick!! Mine has stayed pretty healthy, but I am scared to death that I'm going to catch something right before my surgery date. I am doing my best to stay healthy...staying out of crowds, obsessive hand washing, keeping things clean, eating good stuff, but I was wondering if anyone knew much about that Airborne stuff? I know it's more or less an herbal supplement, but if it won't hurt and might help, I thought I'd take that for at least a week pre-op. What do ya'll think?? Elizabeth (woohoooo...it's MARCH!)
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/28/06 10:48 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Elizabeth...Anything is worth a try...sure couldn't hurt...Did you get a flu shot this year? I will keep you in my prayers that you will be well for the surgery... Hugs, Betsy
Lelandmm
on 2/28/06 11:55 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Elizabeth, Let me know if it helps or not. Airborne was actually developed by a school teacher to help ward off all the bugs that kids seem to pass to each other. I work in an office where just about everyone here has a couple kids who are constantly sick. I am forever wiping down my desk, door knobs, etc with those lysol wipes. People still don't think, and someone will always sneeze, and then touch my desk! I am a certified germ a phobe. I dont like shaking hands or touching other people. (God forbid someone wants to hug me!) I'm the crazy lady wiping down her grocery cart before touching it in the grocery store. If I go in someplace like a bank or doctor's office. I always wear my winter gloves, even when its not that cold, and I dont take them off until I get situated. All those doors to touch just freak me out! I also work out at a very popular gym. Trust me, for someone like me, it takes all the restraint I have to not wipe every piece of equipment in there down with lysol. Luckily, people don't work out when they are sick, so its not that I have to worry about, but still the thought of someone sweating on something! YUCK! When all the protection in the world doesn't work, and I have ended up with a cold, ZiCam is the best thing. I start taking it as soon as I feel that little tickle, or my first runny nose and it pretty much puts the brakes on. It keeps the cold to just a runny nose instead of full blown fever and sick for days. It allows me to keep working and living my life instead of feeling like crap for a week. I should probably get some Airborne myself and try it. Everyone in my bosses house is sick and its only a matter of time before he gets it and attempts to pass it to me! (Oh, I dont know if there is one near you, but Walgreens makes "Walborne" its like half the price!) Leland
Tam
on 3/1/06 2:37 am - Richmond, VA
Elizabeth, A good friend of mine just had a baby a couple of months ago and is breast feeding. Her doctor recommended to take that and it worked for her. I do not know if it works for everyone or if she just got lucky. Hope you can remain healthy! Your day is fast approaching and will be here before you know it! Tammy C
ElizabethC
on 3/1/06 2:56 am - Wirtz, VA
Thanks for the info! I did have my flu shot, so should be safe from that, but anything that can help keep away the respiratory stuff will be great. Leland, thanks for the heads-up about Walgreens. I am definitely one for saving a buck! Elizabeth
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views