A VA Board Poll - VA Hot Spots

Kathy & Rich
on 2/27/06 9:14 pm - Fairfax, VA
Hey, Lei! Thanks for the well wishes. I'm recovering well just a bit sore and tired. Did you know that you use your neck for bloody everything? Every movement? Whodda thunk it! Anyway, was back at work yesterday on the dot. I'd rather save my leave for "fun" time later this summer. We have a cruise to go on in July ... that is assuming my sister doesn't have to go through chemo. Should know more late next week I would think since her surgery is a week from today. Otherwise the cruise will be pushed off until she is well, strong and able to party. Thanks for reposting the link. That's awesome! I'll go reread last year's posts! I know we had a post about fairs and festivals too somewhere. It is almost time to start thinking about those. Gosh, I cannot wait. So many fun things to do. That place that Patti posted about sounded awesome and your pictures - WOW! Wonder how long those great rates are until... Hmmm... Hugs, back to ya! Kathy (who needs a getaway and bad!)
Lorraina M.
on 2/28/06 12:26 am - Ruther Glen, VA
My absolute favorite place to go is Hatteras, NC. I love the southern most part of the Outer Banks. The northern beaches (Nags head, Kitty Hawk) are very nice, but I prefer the quiet and solitude of Hatteras Island. In the winter I like to go to Gettysburg, PA and stay at the James Getty Hotel, a wonderful special place to stay. They have about 12 or so suites and each is different and special. The owners are fantastic and try to make your stay wonderful. We have done many Valentine weekends there over the years. I agree that in VA the Blue Ridge Parkway rocks, beautiful views. I also love to go to Tappahannock, VA and have a leisurely dinner at Lowery's! Great seafood. Lorraine
cappymoon
on 2/28/06 12:18 pm - Northern, VA
Ohh, I love Tappahannock, my Dad has a place in Lewisetta, about 14 miles from here. I know Lowerys well! That would be my vote for VA, anything in the Northern Neck, Northumberland County, seems like they have stopped time (somewhat) there! The other place I would recomend would be anything on Slykine Drive. I like taking the kids there every so often.... Dianna
shoutjoy
on 2/28/06 1:16 am - Culpeper, VA
Marriott Ranch is a great outdoorsy place. You can go horseback riding, pack trips, hay rides, stay all night, the list goes on and on. Just google the name and find an awesome place. They even have gourmet dinners with wine tasting events. Fun fun fun! Paula
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views