Hello Everyone!

RichmondRandy
on 2/26/06 11:26 pm - Wytheville, VA
Good Morning Everyone, I hope this post finds everyone happy and healthier...i certainly know i am...it has been a roller coaster so far and i guess im just getting started...i go back for my follow up on Thursday the 2nd..i can't wait to see how much i have lost on their scales..from what i can tell im have went from 439 to 360? i feel thats good to have just had surgery on Dec. 19th..I can finally go to Walmart and get clothes...thank goodness..i can dress young again..I do have a couple of questions...im in the process of coming back to Richmond to live...i can't handle being away from my partner of almost 3 yrs...was wanting to find out about support groups in the area...also wondering what you guys eat when you go out to dinner??? now one more question...what kind of supplenment bars to you guys eat..i am a lil confused..not sure how many fat grams i can have a day..any help would be greatly appreciated... Big Hugs to you all ! Randy
A10sFrau
on 2/27/06 12:43 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hey Randy! You sure must not mind movin'! I eat Power Crunch bars, actually in pieces now. DOn't think I could have a whole one yet. They are 180 cal and 14 g protein. the other bars I have tried have been way higher in calories and I dont' want that. I don't count fat, I count calories, 600-800 per day. Know what you mean about the clothes. I am out of the eplus sizes finally and am enjoying Goodwill finds and Ebay cothing deals in normal people sizes. Will have to hit up walmart for shorts. There are several support groups in richmond. I know Dr. Hutcher's folks have one and the MVC group has one as well. Good luck back in Richmond. We have to follow our hearts! Lois
RichmondRandy
on 2/27/06 4:42 am - Wytheville, VA
Hey Lois, Hope youre doing well, Thanks for the info...I guess im finally getting a lil appetite back...I will have to try the Power Crunch Bars...I hope to find something with peanut butter in it...im craving it bad. guess that makes since being that my worst enemy in my former life was Peanut butter milkshakes..no more of those for me...And im afraid i hate moving...but i have to follow my heart...just like you said...Thanks again and keep up the good work!! Randy
prissy25
on 2/27/06 1:06 am - Barboursville, VA
Hi Randy glad to see ya online again. Ive been using the Atkins morning start bars 180 calories 13g protein 1g sugar chocolate chip crisp are pretty good. Good luck on your move.
RichmondRandy
on 2/27/06 4:45 am - Wytheville, VA
Hey Melinda, Thanks for the info, i had bought a Atkins bar Saturday night...was so excited until i seen the fat grams...after that i gave it to my neice...I will have to check them out further..also please keep me informed when you guys have another get together as i would love to attend and meet you all...im sure it could be loads of fun..Thanks again, and hope to see you at Dr. Schirmers sometime since i know who you are LOL! Randy
Tam
on 2/27/06 2:27 am - Richmond, VA
Hi Randy and welcome back to Richmond (when you get here). I am on the steering committee for a great support group at St. Mary's hospital. Natalie has a great group in Hopewell. It all depends on where you will be and how far you want to travel. We meet every Thursday. First Third Thursdays are open forum discussions and meet from 6:30-8. Second Thursday is our regular support group and meets from 7-8:30. Fourth Thursday is a nutritional class that meets from 6:30-8. Please let me know if you have questions and I really hope to see you there. We meet in the educational rooms behind the cafeteria. Your weight loss seems fantastic! Congratulations! I eat whatever I want when I go out...just not very much of it. I try to stick to the broiled fish or baked something and it is always a good protein source. I eat the South Beach Diet protein bars. I really like the cranberry almond ones the best. {hugs} Tammy C 10 months post op -169 lbs
RichmondRandy
on 2/27/06 4:53 am - Wytheville, VA
Hey Tammy, The support group sounds great...i will have to attend soon, do you guys do clothing exchange or anything there? I could use some extra smaller sizes and have some bigger ones to donate...I will have to try the South Beach Diet bars to...im sure they have peanut butter ones..Thanks again! Randy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views