Nioxin and Biotin

** Judy **
on 2/26/06 1:46 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Hair Cuttery's in this area (Virginia Beach) have the Nioxin Cleanser and Nioxin Therapy for half price -- a total of $35 for the two bottles. I also bought the Nioxin Treatment -- but it was not on sale. It was $35 by itself. I used all three for the first time today. The Nioxin Therapy is like a creme rinse. I used it according to directions and while it was on my hair for 1-3 minutes, it started tingling. Hope that is a sign that it is working!! I tried Biotin several months ago -- the first time my hair started falling out. That night I got a severe muscle cramp. I thought it might be connected to the Biotin so I stopped using it after only one time. I haven't had a muscle cramp for some time -- since I have started adding Magnesium with my Calcium. So, I thought I would try the Biotin again. Took it this morning and this evening I had slight cramping in my right foot. I may try it again tomorrow just to make sure that Biotin is what is causing the cramping. I hope not -- I really wanted to add it to my "hair loss prevention" campaign!! My hair loss has started again and I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Christine Hood
on 2/26/06 7:45 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Judy, Cramping is often caused by low potassium...try eating banana (That always helped me!) Christine
** Judy **
on 2/27/06 5:20 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi Christine: I have tried added potassium in the past. It does help some, but I would still get some muscle cramps. Thanks for the suggestion -- Judy
Ernurse323
on 2/26/06 8:34 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks Judy... Guess I will be heading down there soon to get some !!! Dana
** Judy **
on 2/27/06 5:22 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Dana: It is a great buy -- and if the "tingling scalp" is an indication that it is working, I should be "hair rich" soon!! Judy
(deactivated member)
on 2/27/06 9:31 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Judy ~ Love the new message board photo - you're purty in red!!! One of these days, Im gonna catch you OFF guard and you'll actually have a big ol' smile on your face and that's what we'll use in your message board photo. Hey? Speaking of photos (eventually I'll talk about Nioxin and Biotin) I was going through one of my file cabinets last night and found some photos of YOU, me and Alayne (I know I spelled that wrong) when we met for dinner at Dockside Inn. Obviously, they are your "pre op" pics - not sure if you have a set of them too, but if you want, next time we're together I'll bring them to give to you. GREAT "this is where I started" kinda photos. What days are you free for LUNCHES? Maybe I can try to organize a group luncheon, M-F of next week and see who's interested. Assuming you're free and can make it, REMIND me to bring the photos. lol, I know me, the second I hit "enter" on this post, I'll forget what I was supposed to do next. Okay - as far as the Nioxin and Biotin products? GOOD LUCK!!!!! I hope you get better results then I did - I bought the 'set' as well, about a year ago when it was on sale (like the one you're describing). It was a 6 month supply but the beautician 'warned' me not to expect great results JUST in 6 months time and that Id probably have to buy it, ongoing. Well, I admit I was kinda sceptical when she said that, figure hair only takes "x" amount of days to start GROWING back, surely I'd at least see a new healthy row of baby sprigs after a couple of months. Six months later, both bottles empty, no "real" new growth. Not sure what the hell Im going to have to do to get a grip on my nails and my hair issues. I did a LOT of research on it over the last few days (online) and did find some Biotin that comes in 2000 and 5000 strength. Im thinking about trying some of that, in ADDITION to Vitamin A and Niacin. We'll see - if I find that I get some amazing results, I'll be sure to share the info. Hugs ~ Lei Pssst... one more thing. Mike (Eileen F's hubby) gave me a tip once, after Id spent $40 on the Nioxin/Biotin Shampoos. He said to just buy the peppermint based shampoos (I think he suggested Paul Mitchells? Mike if you read this, help me out here) ...but THAT is what causes the tingling of the scalp. It gives you the same massaging benefits but is not nearly as expensive. .
** Judy **
on 2/28/06 6:47 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi Lei -- how ya'doin?? Glad you liked the "red". Ya know what -- my daughter said the same thing about my "missing" smile!! Believe me -- I am definitely happy about the weight loss. It's just sometimes hard to get my face to show it!!!!!!! I would love to have the photos of you, me, and Alayne (no -- I think you spelled it right!!). I would love to add them to my "before" pictures. I haven't talked with Alayne for ages -- but I do get "forwards" from her occasionally. Good grief -- you want me to remind you !!!!!!! Can you say "the incredible shrinking memory"?!?!? I am waiting for the day that I forget that I am forgetful -- then I will be just fine. I would love to meet for lunch next week. Any day is great for me -- except Thursday. Any place would be fine, also. Just let me know and I will be there with bell on -- well, maybe not bells. After all, Christmas IS over. Maybe I will wear green for St. Patty's day!!!! I am sorry your "Nioxin Experience" was not better. You know how they are -- they will say anything to make a "buck"!! I guess I will continue with it -- can't hurt -- and SOMETHING HAS TO WORK! I just started with my SECOND round of hair loss a few weeks. I really have none to spare, since I have not recovered from the first round! Hmmm, peppermint and tingling scalp -- what WILL they think of next. Evidently just another "gimmick" to sell the stuff!! Judy 280/158/???
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views