Help

Hartful13
on 2/26/06 11:41 am - Richmond, VA
Hi im new to finnaly getting help but i need it. My name is Charles Spencer, im 17, 5'7 and 371 lbs. Im in my Junior year of High School and really been depressed. Need help quick. And I would like some hope from somebody please.
(deactivated member)
on 2/26/06 6:16 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Charles .. Hey there ... first let me say welcome to the boards . When you ask for help what are you looking for . I see you are begining your journey by learning more about the surgery . Good for you.. !!!! I would like for you to tell us more about what is going on with you . Your profile does not have much to go by . Are you looking for help about the surgery ? If so .. I can suggest a great support group at St.Marys . Please tell us more about you , what you are looking to do ... Do not let this depress you . There is help here .. We have all been thru this sweety and you are going to need to start talking to someone professionally that can help you . I, myself and others here can lend you support and some direction ... but it is the surgeons and nutricionist that have the plan that will be designed for YOU .. I admire you for seeking help and just know we will be here to support you . Much love and respect , Natalie
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/26/06 8:38 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Charles...Welcome to the best board for all the support you need...Glad you are looking into having this surgery. We have all been through this and know what you are going through. You are so young and have a whole life in front of you and this surgery is the best tool. I am so proud of you for joining the board. Let us know how we can help. Depression is so hard on everyone. Write us back and keep in touch. Hugs, Betsy
RichmondRandy
on 2/26/06 11:21 pm - Wytheville, VA
Hey Charles, Good to see you here, i usually don't post much...but im always lurking..I have been a big guy all my life, know what it was like in high school and all...not sure that i can be of any help to you...but please feel free to email me anytime...i had RNY on Dec 19th, i was 439 on surgery day..and now im down to 360?..it does work..but its hard to keep from being depressed and impatient while waiting..like i said feel free to write if you want... Hugz! Randy
Tam
on 2/27/06 2:18 am - Richmond, VA
Charles, Hello and welcome to the board! We are a great bunch around here and we are always here for each other. I second Natalie's reply. Please tell us more about you. I am on the steering committee of the support group at St. Mary's. We would love to have you there any time! We meet every Thursday in the educational rooms behind the cafeteria. This week is an open forum meeting and is from 6:30-8. Next Thursday is our regular support group and we meet from 7-8:30. The following Thursday is another open forum and after that is a nutritional class. Both of the last meetings are from 6:30-8. We have a lot of fun and there is a nice variety of people attending...pre op's, post op's, those just thinking about WLS and support people as well. I am looking forward to hearing more about you. Tammy C 10 months post op -169 lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views