My sister and gastric bypass

Judy B.
on 2/26/06 5:49 am - Marion, VA
Today my sister informed me that since i have done so well with my weight loss, she is going to stop being so jealous of me and GO FOR IT for herself..We sat down and discussed why she wants to have it, because i wanted to make sure she wasnt thinking of it for the wrong reasons. She informed me she is tired of feeling sick and tired and wants to better her health and prolong her life.. I said then go for it..so she is going to talk to her doctor about it and she wants to have it later in the year. I just wanted to share this with you all...This is a WOW moment for me and a real eye opener!!! hugs JudyB
A10sFrau
on 2/26/06 6:32 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hi Judy, A similar thing happened to me. When my colleague, the Spanish teacher, (there are only the two of us) saw how quickly I recovered--faster than she did from her arthroscopic knee surgery, according to her husband--she started researching bypass surgery on the internet and then asked me all about my experiences. She has already had her psych eval, and gallbladder ultrasound and goes to see Dr. Kellum this week. Foreign language is going to be the slimmest dept in the HS before long! Never intended to be a role model. Lois
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/26/06 7:21 am - Danville, VA
Good for her, Sweetie. You are a real role model to her and now she wants what you have...a healthier body. You are doing so well and I am so proud of you. Hugs, Betsy
kizie23
on 2/26/06 9:41 am - blacksburg, VA
Judy, I think its awesome something you have done and been so well at has inspired your sister. Melissa
Kennie29
on 2/26/06 11:20 am - Chesapeake, VA
I wish her the best of luck and that everything in her journey turns out well!!!!!! All my love, Kennie
Kathy & Rich
on 2/27/06 8:15 am - Fairfax, VA
Excellent news, Judy! I hope your sister gets approved and has a safe healthy surgery and recovery. Hugs, Kathy p.s. How you feeling?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views