I need some help on what I should do?

Kathleen L.
on 2/26/06 4:08 am - Arlington, VA
My mother's birthday is March 2 and my grandmother and I are going to take her to dinner. She wants to go to the Outback Restaurant, What will I be able to eat is my question?
Carole V.
on 2/26/06 5:26 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Do you eat chicken? steak? shrimp? You can get all of those at the Outback. The best steak for us is the filet mignon, more expensive sure but less fat, much more tender (as long as you don't order it well done), and the leftovers are always good. Just chew it good. If you don't eat those meats, you can always order soup. A few bites of potato with cheese won't kill you. Check out the online menu to see exactly what they have. Just Google Outback to find the website. Be prepared to take most of your meal home, as the proportions are humongous. Above all, have fun. It's not the food, it's the company. Get out there and enjoy life, and just think of food as the fuel to get you there. Good luck, Carole
Kathleen L.
on 2/26/06 7:13 am - Arlington, VA
Thank you Carole. You helped me. I will probably get chicken, since I don't eat red meat like steak. And I am allergic to shell fish.
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/26/06 7:18 am - Danville, VA
Hi Kat-anne....My birthday is on March 2nd too!!!! They have some really good salads there too...enjoy.. Hugs, Betsy
Kathleen L.
on 2/26/06 7:20 am - Arlington, VA
Besty, Hope you have a nice birthday too. Thank you for your answer.
nitengale
on 2/27/06 5:53 pm - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
I have major trouble with outback... the only thing i have been able to tolerate is the jackeroo chops...they are really tender...(you get 2...so leftovers with some yummy gravy!!!) I just have to chew alot. You might want to look online like someone else recommended to see what will work for you...if nothing looks appetizing... eat something filling at home and then order just a salad and nibble while there... have fun!!!
(deactivated member)
on 2/27/06 9:44 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Kat ~ I've only eaten at the Outback twice. It's funny, for "specializing" in steaks, both times, I did NOT like their steak - toooooooo CHEWY and gristly for me. Not sure if it was just bad luck on my part, but one thing I did ENJOY off their menu was their "chopped salads" ...sorry, it's been too long for me to remember the actual name of it. But they had several to choose from, with steak or chicken toppings, or just plain - minus da' protein! Not sure if you've been released to salads yet? But they chop EVERYTHING up so tiny (the lettuce, onions, cukes, tomaters', etc) that it makes it that much easier to eat it as a post op. Helps to cut down on the "chew chew chew chew, ooooopsie, I don't think I chewed that one enough" aspect. Have fun! Lei
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views