Lei-zy Sunday morning trivia

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/06 10:11 pm - Grass Doghouse by da' beach, VA
OK, since Lei does the "TGIF Questions", I guess I'll start the Sunday Senseless Trivia! Answer as many as you can and remember...to Google is to cheat Have a great day, y'all! -Paul 1. In 1983, the longest winning streak in sports history, held by the United states, was broken. a. What was the sport. b. How long did the winning streak last. -Extra Credit- c. Name the leader of the winning team. d. Name the leader of the losing team. 2. What is the origin of the term "Cup of Joe"? 3. This actor once won the Oscar for Best Actor, yet refused the award, citing too much focus on awards shows. -Extra credit...For what movie did he win the award? 4. How many of the earth's mountain peaks are over 8000 meters (26,240 feet)? 5. What/Where is the deepest spot in all the world's oceans?
MrsTonyaBrown
on 2/25/06 10:16 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Since I can't cheat and I don't know, here's the first answers that came to my mind: 1a. Badminton 1b. 6 years 1c. Rolf Racquet 1d. Bart Baddington 2. Someone named Joe was acccidentally ground up into a pot of coffee and everyone liked it so even though it was illegal and immoral, everyone keeps asking for a cup. 3. Whoopi Goldberg 4. 3 5. Wherever I dropped my keys over the side of the boat. Just a giggle, Tonya
Carole V.
on 2/26/06 1:16 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hey Paul, Hmm some of these are hard. But then I considered the source, and came up with a few guesses. After I post this, THEN I'm gonna Google to see if I'm right. So there! 1. I'm not sure but I'm betting it has something to do with boats. Is it that fancy boat race they have every once in a while, the America's Cup? Don't know how long the streak lasted or who the leaders were, but I think it was the Australians who took it away from us. 2. Probably something to do with the Navy, or the Java island. Wasn't there a Navy bigwig who banned alcohol on ships named Josephus something? 3 Easy one, George C. Scott for Patton. 4. One? 5. Marianas Trench? Indian Ocean? Have a senseless Sunday! Carole
A10sFrau
on 2/26/06 6:49 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
The only ones I know for sure are Marianas Trench, Pacific Ocean. AND, only one mt peak is 29,000+--Mt. Everest. Sports trivia is not my forte'. Lois
(deactivated member)
on 2/26/06 7:04 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Yikes - these made my brain hurt!!! Hey? Next time make 'em EASIER - I feel like Im watching Jeapordy with you, pulling my hair out as you get every question RIGHT and I start tossing stuff at the TV! lol, hate that game too, makes me feel sooooooooooo stupid'o! Okay - I don't know #1, can't even guess. In 1983 I was 23 years old, a single parent and raising a 4 year old son. I was intensely focusing on how to make $35 stretch and multiply into 2 weeks worth of groceries! (lol, that explanation sounds so much better then - "Iz' clueless", right?) #2) I ONLY know this one 'cause I'm married to a Sailor-Dude, after Alky'hawl was banned on the Navy ships - Coffee quickly became it's substitute. The guy responsible for the change (Admiral something or another) was named Joseph. #3) I dunno - Marlon Brandon, in the Godfather? I know he refused an Oscar, but I thought it was because of the Native Americans? Could be wrong on all counts. #4) LOL - like I know the actual NAMES of mountains? How cute! #5) Um, I should PROBABLY know this one too, huh? I suspect youve probably mentioned it over the last 8 years or so, but I havent a clue. Since we can't google - my answer is "I dunno" Love you - ME!
(deactivated member)
on 2/27/06 8:49 am - Grass Doghouse by da' beach, VA
(sniff)(sniff)(HONNNNNK) Y'all like LEI'S posts better than MINE (Footstomp) OK, I'm over my moment Here's the answers: 1. In 1983, the longest winning streak in sports history, held by the United states, was broken. In September, 1983, the Austrailian 12 Meter yacht "Austrailia II", skippered by John bertrand, defeated the American 12 Meter yacht "Liberty", skippered by Dennis conner by 25 seconds in race 7 of the America's Cup, ending the americans 132-year winning streak. 2. What is the origin of the term "Cup of Joe"? Josephus Daniels, Secretary of the Navy under Woodrow Wilson, was responsible for banning alcohol on US Navy ships. In deference to him, sailors took to referring to coffee as "Joe". 3. This actor once won the Oscar for Best Actor, yet refused the award, citing too much focus on awards shows. George C. Scott. -Extra credit...For what movie did he win the award? Patton *Marlon Brando also refused the award for The Godfather, citing the mistreatment of Native Americans by the film industry. (Thanks honey!!) 4. How many of the earth's mountain peaks are over 8000 meters (26,240 feet)? 14, all in either the Himalayas or the Karakoram. 5. What/Where is the deepest spot in all the world's oceans? The Marianas Trench, its deepest point at just over 36,200 feet. Have a great week, y'all! -Paul
(deactivated member)
on 2/27/06 9:54 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
. Aaaaww - snoogum oogums, babee-wabee, cuppy-cake!! [scuse me for a second, I think Im about to dump!] What? WHAT??? I couldn't help it, you're just so cute when you stomp your feet and fold those arms. Granted, I can't see the dimple when your bottom lip is touching the floor - but you're still cute. Besides - it has nothing to do with "them liking me more" it has to do with you being such a flippin' NERD BISCUIT! [cough]... said in the most loving of ways, of course. My questions are more of a "getting to know you" kinda theme. Yours challenge and jump start the brain cells and we already KNOW how sluggish mine can be. Love you! Me .
nitengale
on 2/27/06 6:03 pm - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
ok cutie pie...its 5 am here...I have been up waaaay tooo many hours to even think about this... glad I'm a few days late and the anwers were there for me!!! Oh...and yes, we like Lei's questions better... she doesn't tax us like you do smarty pants!!! But we still love ya... wanda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views