New Way for Spaghetti

A10sFrau
on 2/25/06 9:48 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
I never did try this recipe from the MCV Bariatric "Bible", so when Cody mentioned she'd like some spaghetti today, I hopped on it. The basic recipe from the book was 1/2 c spaghetti, 1/4 cup sauce blended. For protein I added 1/4 c cottage cheese, 2 tbs paramasan cheese and 1/2 scoop of Unjury. This made up More than 1/2 c of course, but the whole blender amount came to 28 g protein, 390 cal. I ate only about 1/2 of what was there, 14g protein and 195 cal. I know many of you don't eat spaghetti at all, but I was quite pleased with the taste of this, happy about the protein AND best of all, my stomach was happy with this, too. Lois
TammyNVA
on 2/25/06 11:07 am - Chesterfield, VA
Thanks for that Lois... I remember seeing that recipe somewhere but forgot about it. I was also thinking about spaghetti (maybe because of Lei's question) and was digging around in my pantry. I had some soy spaghetti noodles that are 26g protein per serving. They're a brand called Carb Fit. Of course, I didn't eat but about 1/4 - 1/2 serving, but with plenty of meat sauce with cheese on top. Yummy for my tummy!! Tammy
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/26/06 7:08 am - Danville, VA
Hi Lois...My dr told me no pasta so when I want spagetti, I use bean sprouts and it isn't too bad.... Hugs, Betsy
Kennie29
on 2/26/06 11:13 am - Chesapeake, VA
Sounds good, but I am having a time with some pureed foods and don't want to try anything new....I am scared...but when I get to eat, since they put me back on liquid diet, I will have to try that!!!!!! Yum!!!! Thanks! Love, Kennie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views