Depressed and discouraged in Hampton

Spots0914
on 2/24/06 9:27 pm - Fort Monore, VA
I had WLS on 2/8/06. I am now 17 days post op and only lost 8lbs. I feel like this whole thing was for nothing. Im doing all the things I suppost to be. This just dont seem normal.
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/24/06 9:34 pm - Danville, VA
Aww, Honey, don't get discouraged so soon...this tool does work..you probably have alot of fluid retention and you are probably still swollen. The weight will come off. Are you drinking lots of water? I think the first couple months are kinda slow but then it will pick back up. Just hang in there... Hugs, Betsy
hollydecarlo
on 2/24/06 10:25 pm - hopewell, VA
margret i know how you feel im at 4mos and things are coming to a stop?? hold in there sweety it will pick up. its only been 17days. probley like betsy said your retaining water it will go away. hugs, holly
A10sFrau
on 2/24/06 10:28 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Margaret, We all have different metabolisms/bodies. I had surgery 1/25 and have only lost 2 pounds in the last 3 weeks. I know my body thinks I am starving it and it and is hanging on to all the fat it can. BUT, one of these days it will HAVE to let loose. It cannot continue to hold fat when I am only eating 600-800 cal/day. Your body is healing itself now. Keep in the diet! It will come off eventually! Lois
TammyNVA
on 2/25/06 12:12 am - Chesterfield, VA
Margaret, I have read of people who actually came home from WLS and had GAINED weight. You may have gained initially and then lost some weight due to fluid retention and your body's reaction to healing. In the 3 months since my surgery, I have had times when I wasn't losing weight very fast, and then I'd lose a bunch at once. I lost 43 pounds in the first 43 days, and then stopped for a while and then lost 16 pounds over the past 2+ weeks (as of this past Monday.) I don't have a scale, but weigh myself at the doctor's and occasionally at my physical therapist's (I go 3 times a week, so I have lots of opportunity... it's just that it's out in the open, so I don't weigh if other people are around.) Something I've learned is that this is not ALL about the numbers. I have SHRUNK 2-3 clothing sizes and my diabetes is TOTALLY under control. I have more energy and just feel better! Focus on the positive outcome... this is a life-long journey. Your job right now is to heal, walk, drink, and get in some protein. The rest will follow! Hugs, Tammy
Susan E.
on 2/25/06 5:21 am - Purcellville, VA
Don't be down in the dumps. Things are just beginning for you. Hang in there. Susan
Kennie29
on 2/26/06 11:25 am - Chesapeake, VA
Don't feel that way. I had surgery on the 6th. I do everything that the doctor says too and that is protein and water and in between my other liquids. I have lost 30lbs, but did not think that I would. Everyone is dfferent and you may be shocked because one day you are going to lose like alot in just a matter of weeks. My doctor told me mine was probably all water weight which is fine with me. Who wants to carry all tha****er around!!! Keep your head up and do not feel bad, things will get better!!! All my love, Kennie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views