Is there a protein Pill

prissy25
on 2/24/06 10:09 am - Barboursville, VA
Is there a pill we can take to get the protein? I know you say do the shakes I cant stomach them taste or smell. Help!!!!
SlimminShannon
on 2/24/06 10:34 am - Richmond, VA
I don't think there is. It would be so nice wouldn't it? Have you tried the Achiev ones. They don't taste like protein at all. Soooooo yummy!!
Christine Hood
on 2/24/06 12:02 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
there is some stuff proteinex or something like that...the website was posted on this board about a month ago under something like free protein sample...the company sells some kind of protein pills...dont know the details but...hope that helped at all...
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/24/06 9:32 pm - Danville, VA
Melinda, I agree, this is the hardest part of GBS is getting in the protein. I can usually get one down a day if I am lucky. A pill would be so much easier to take. If you hear of one, let me know.... BTW, you looked wonderful in Charlottesville and thanks again for hosting it. You are great... Hugs, Betsy
hollydecarlo
on 2/24/06 10:26 pm - hopewell, VA
i wish i wish i wish i hate them things too but as time goes you will be ok i just force them down.. hugs, holly
Judy B.
on 2/24/06 10:32 pm - Marion, VA
Actually there is a protein pill and liquid I got a sample of the proteinex liquid and take 2 tablespoons at one time..3 times a day..it has 15g of protein per 2 tablespoons..they also have the pills too and they are the same amount of protein...Now as for the taste of the liquid..its not too bad..but not as good as you would think either..but it beats drinking it all day long. I asked my surgeon about it, he said it was fine to take. hugs judyB
SaltyDog
on 2/27/06 12:31 am - Dumfries, VA
I think someone researched it and yes there is a protein pill, but you would have to take handsfull of them on a daily basis to get your quota of protein in, so it's not really a very good alternative. Better to just find a shake you like, or, if you are lactose intolerant like me, one of the fruit drinks such as the Syntrax Nectar ones to get your protein intake in.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views