Prevacid Question . . .

lookin2lose2
on 2/24/06 6:17 am - Fairfax, VA
RNY on 01/27/06 with
If your Dr. had you take prevacid after surgery how long did you take it? I thought my Dr. prescribed it longer but I found out today it was for one month wondering if I should be taking it longer? Your responses are appreciated! Jean
MrsTonyaBrown
on 2/24/06 7:46 am - Jacksonville, FL
I was given a prescription for 3 months but I also had a lot bypassed. Hugs, Tonya
sylvia
on 2/24/06 9:05 am - Stafford, VA
I took it for two weeks and just saw my doctor again - meant to ask him if I could get more but forgot; he didn't say anything about continuing it. Sylvia
blues-singer
on 2/24/06 12:02 pm - San Marcos, CA
I think there are at least a couple of factors. Where there any problems with your endoscopy like damage from reflux? If so, the Dr. might want you to continue on it indefinitely. Did you have RNY? If so, reflux should no longer be a problem. Otherwise, I think it's just a matter of continuing it through the healing process. That being said, the best person to answer is your surgeon or gastroenterologist.
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/24/06 9:36 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Jean....I was on Prevacid for only a month...have heartburn all the time now though..going to my PCP on monday to see if she can give me something. Even water gives me heartburn...I live on Tums...hehe Hugs, Betsy
TammyNVA
on 2/24/06 11:57 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Jean, I was on Zantac for a month and then that was it. So far (three months on Tuesday) no real problems, as long as I "listen to the Pouch!" Tammy
yvette223
on 2/26/06 9:04 pm - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
Hi jean, i am still taking it he wrote the sript out for 7 months yvette
SaltyDog
on 2/27/06 12:26 am - Dumfries, VA
Pre surgery I was diagnosed with H. Pylori, and some strictures resulting from gastric reflux, so I ended up taking Prevacid plus antibiotics for a month, then the Prevacid alone for a couple of months afterwards. It was always such a hassle to get the health plan to approve it though, that my physician switched me to the OTC stuff (Prilosec) afterwards. I take that on a daily basis.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views