My 2 Week Checkup!

Kennie29
on 2/22/06 2:08 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Hi everyone! Just wanted to let yall know that I had my two week check up and I am officially down 30lbs. I could hardly believe it and neither could my doctor. He said he had to do a double take...lol at my chart!!!!! I am now on pureed food, thank goodness, but I am kinda scared to eat it!!!!!! I am also tired of the liquid diet but it is what I had to do, you know what I mean, but now that it is time to try the pureed stage, I am scared I am going to get sick and that is not my thing to get sick or throw up! Ick!!!! Other than that, I am doing well and hope that everyone is too. My goal is to be down another 10-15lbs, maybe 20 in 2 weeks when I go back to him!!!!! Take care and God Bless! Love, Kennie
Christine Hood
on 2/22/06 6:20 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Congrats Kennie!! 30 pounds in 2weeks is awesome!!
(deactivated member)
on 2/22/06 6:27 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Kennie Love that name !!! Gurl ! Way to go ... you are doing awesome . Pureed is not so bad .. it does get better .. but this is a time to re-adjust your way of thinking about foods now . Let this journey happen sweety ... keep to the formula .. Protein -Water - Exersise and great food choices ... You will be and are such a success !!! Very Proud of YOU !! Hugs, Tink ..
Ernurse323
on 2/22/06 7:56 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Kennie !!! I want to know your secret !!!!!!!!! That is incredible !!! Did you keep your Protein up like Nat said? Did you drink all the water? You did really well with this. Dr Clark will be doing mine opened March 7th. I can only hope that I do as well as you so early out !!! Congrats. You must feel like a million bucks !!! Hugs, Dana
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/22/06 9:02 pm - Danville, VA
Wow, Kennie, that is awesome...I am so proud of you. You will have stalls but don't let it get you down...it will pick back up again. Hugs, Betsy
elvera
on 2/22/06 10:25 pm - LaPlata, MD
Hey Kennie, I KNEW BEFORE YOU POSTED!!!!!!!! How Great is that???? Wahooo!!! You are doing Great. I wish I could have been down 30 in to weeks. It's been 23 days and 25 pounds down... Don't worry about the puree. If you have had pudding and it stayed down you shouldn't have trouble with puree..... Ya know I should have gotten your phone number in he hospital and given you mine. E-mail me and I will give you mine so we can talk alittle. OK????? Go into my profile. And e-mail me. Hugs Ellie
Kennie29
on 2/23/06 12:39 am - Chesapeake, VA
Hello everyone and thank you for the encouragement. I still can not believe it!!! I am trying some pureed things, but my taste buds are like what are you doing to us? To answer the question of what did I do. I would get up in the morning and do my 2 ounces of and then in another hour do another two ounces of low carb slim fast shake, take any meds, and my two vitamins. After that, I would sip, sip, sip on my water. Then I would do my protein drink which was 2.7 ounces and 25g a protein a drink. I would do two of those a day, so I am getting in 50g of protein, but Dr. Terracina wants me to get in 80g!!!!!!! I was like ugh! The protein drink I do I got off the website www.protica.com advertised on the site. I did my jello and my pudding and did this routine day in and day out. I am lucky cause I would not throw up or anything and nothing really makes me sick. So I am able to tolerate all my liquids, it is just that I am trying to get past the liquid stage and do my pureed food now, but the thought of anything besides liquids, makes me feel ill. Well I will post more when I can, right now I am going to lay my butt down a little for I still get tired some. I am able to start exercising and everything so next week when I go back to therapy, I get to do my exercising too!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! Love yall, Kennie
Susan E.
on 2/23/06 10:12 am - Purcellville, VA
Kennie, Wow, pat yourself on the back. Great job. Keep up with the water I know its hard. Your doing great. Hugs Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views