Romantic getaway! [thank you Patti]

(deactivated member)
on 2/21/06 9:06 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
. G'morning ya'll ~ I was just going to send Patti a private email, thanking her for an awesome tip, then decided to start a NEW post in case any of YOU are interested in this "Romantic Getaway" as well. lol, of course, if you're not, then STOP reading! Patti (Fribby Williams from the VA-Board) stopped by my house Friday morning to pick a few things up and while she was here we were able to play catch-up with a nonstop gab-fest. Patti mentioned a place in *****oteague (sp) that she and Cory visited the previous weekend. Although the town is "tourist driven" and it rolls up in the winter season, the VIEWS and the ROOMs are still breathtaking. Per Patti's tip, we booked the Presidential room at the Comfort Suite Inn. Normally, during the summer months, this room can run $350 a NIGHT - we were able to get the winter rate of $159. OH, and get this? If we'd stayed an extra night, which we really WANTED to but couldn't because of work - we could have gotten the Monday night rate for ONLY $49!!!!!!!. I can't even begin to put into words just how amazing our stay was and yes, we took pictures, but even those do it NO justice. I'll post a few for those interested in seeing this place. They have 3 Presidential Suites with jacuzzi's in the actual ROOM (not hidden in the bathroom). It was EVERYTHING we coulda' hoped for, plus some, including a dock side balcony with a panoramic view spanning from the wall to wall WINDOWS! Oh, and ALL the blinds were operated by a REMOTE, since they were so many and so tall. We pretty much lived in the hot tub which was large enough for 5 people but we werent sharing, lol! It's tucked in the corner of the room, surrounded by windows and a large wrap around porch. We also kept the fire place going the entire time, to the point that it ran out of gas. It was so nice to fall asleep and wake up several times in the middle of the night, to a roaring FIREplace. The suites come with a large king size bed and two couches with pull out queen beds. What a romantic way to do it up right!!! If anyone wants to see a few pictures - here's the link! http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AcNWjdq5cNmXb¬ag=1 If that doesn't work - try this. It's still early and Im half asleep! http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AcNWjdq5cNmXb I'm not sure how long the winter rates last, but for those about to have surgery - maybe this is the perfect [relaxing] way to prepare for it? For those celebrating love, life, anniversaries, weddings, ANY special occasion or maybe just the fact that it's a Wednesday and we're alive!!! Keep this place in mind - I think you'll enjoy it. Happy Hump Day - Lei. .
cathya
on 2/21/06 9:38 pm - Orlando, FL
Name and phone number of hotel please! I need this badddddd!
(deactivated member)
on 2/21/06 9:43 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Cathy - You must be reading my mind/keyboard this morning? I JUST found that info online so I could include it with my profile update. Here you go: http://www.*****oteaguechamber.com/comfortsuites/ Comfort Suites on *****oteague Island 4195 Main Street *****oteague Island, VA 23336 757-336-3700 If you are able to "get away" from it all - ENJOY yourself!!
Sharon Q.
on 2/21/06 9:51 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Wow, that looks like a really cool idea. I personally love *****oteague!! We get together with our NJ friends every summer and go camping there. Not the "roughing it" kinda camping for me. We have a 27ft camper w/all the perks. LOL Anyways, we love, love, love *****oteague.........camping swimming, beach, fishing, drinking, did I mention drinking??? I am a fish, so I take the kids and hit the beach all day. Hubby is more of a fishing kinda guy, so he does that with his buddy. Can't say I'd love it in the winter, but that's an interesting idea for sure. XOOXOXOX, just wanted to share. Lotsa Love!! Sharon
(deactivated member)
on 2/21/06 10:14 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
LOL - well, just between YOU and ME (and the rest of the Internet world) I have NO idea if I like "*****oteaque" or not, because once we got to the hotel, we NEVER left the room! It's a shame we couldn't take advantage of the Monday rate of $49, if Paul had a civie job vs a military one, we (okay "I") woulda been on the phone calling him in SICK! Hey? Does the water get WARM enough in the Summer to swim comfortably there? I can't believe Ive lived in VaBeach 3 years now and still have NOT swam at the beach. My pansy butt hates the flippin cold!!! [psssst, and we're NOT discussing "drinking" today - I had my share this weekend as the 4 lbs GAIN on the scales will attest too!] Grrrrrrrrrrr-whine!!!
Sharon Q.
on 2/21/06 10:23 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
I cannot believe you live in VABeach and have not been to the beach!!! Cmon girly...................we are goin this summer!!! I'll bring my camper and teach you all about the fine art of camping too!!! Is the water warm enough??????? Well, I have to admit to NOT being as much of a pansy a$$ as you, growing up in Montana and all, BUT, I think it's warm enough there and in VABeach!! Depends on the day, water flow though. And if you just can't deal, well then you grab your sand chair and put it at the edge of the water and chill with a beer in yer hand. LOL (It's a really good thing my kids can swim!!) 4lbs back on????? I figured the work out ya got would've taken care of any extra calories. HMMMMMMM!! LOLOL Sharon
track
on 2/22/06 1:30 pm - on the beach down by the bay, VA
We'll have to double-team her....I've been trying to get her to the beach, out on the kayak, out to the rec center again...no go....I guess I should have offered a weekend in *****oteague with a hot tub and a view....sheesh!... I even went swimming this last weekend, have a friend who has a place on the beach...but beyond the fact that it was sleeting and a bit cool....I bet she still wouldn't have gone out!
Sharon Q.
on 2/22/06 8:34 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Never would've figured Lei for a beach wimpy!! I know she hates cold, but even when it's boiling hot outside???? HMMM!! We will have to double team her............maybe she'll become a fishy too!! I wanna go out on your kayak!! Does it flip over easy?? If it does then what? You fall out and swim?? Teach me!! XOOXOXOXOXOOXO Sharon
track
on 2/23/06 1:02 pm - on the beach down by the bay, VA
Well, c'mon down!...I bet we can do a number on her!...I know I can get Paul out in the water on the kayak...maybe a bit of absinthe, or crown royal...?? I have sit-on-top ocean kayks, self bailing, loads of fun, and if you fall off, well, you just climb back on!...but I have to tell you, the only time I've ever fallen off is when I've gone out in really big waves, when they were cresting at 3 foot, with a lot of wind. Generally I stay to the calmer inland bays. Lots of fun. Make sure that you give me a holler when you come down this way. I have a 14 ft. and an 8 ft. I'd be honored to take you out and show you our watery wonderlands!!
Sharon Q.
on 2/23/06 8:40 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
That sounds sooooooooooo cool!! I'll definitely be down that way when the weather gets warmer. Always up for a beach trip!! Love boats and anything to do with water, so count me in!! Thanx Track!!! XOXOXOOXOXOOXOXO Sharon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views