Denied - but ready to fight!

Smukums
on 2/20/06 11:32 pm - Richmond, VA
Well I just got the news this morning that I was denied yet again. Ok so the river started flowing and it last for a lil bit but now its dried up and I am ready to fight! I just dont know where to begin. They say I can do a second appeal but I am not sure what else I could give them that I haven't already. My dear husband has found legal resources that help people who have been denied to get approved. I am not quite sure what to do in this situation. I have united healthcare - ugh! Has anyone been here done this? if so any advice or suggestions or resources is very much needed. Nicole
SlimminShannon
on 2/21/06 12:32 am - Richmond, VA
I am so sorry. Good luck to you. Fight them until you can't fight anymore!
prissy25
on 2/21/06 12:36 am - Barboursville, VA
Nicole Im so sorry to here of your denial I of all people know that feeling all to well. When I was fighting for my life and medicaid. But one thing you keep up there in that pretty lil head of yours, DONT LET THEM BRING YOU DOWN you FIGHT you go public whatever it takes, write the Gov. or your congress I wrote it took me forever but I think after to legal times they got tired of hearing from me lol so dont you dare give up. Your in my prayers.
Pat F.
on 2/21/06 12:37 am - Richmond, VA
Nicole do not give up keep on fighting that is the only way to get it at times. Keep on them and they will eventualy will give in to you. Keep in touch and I will keep you in my prayers.
Christina R.
on 2/21/06 12:39 am - Reston, VA
Nicole- I'm so sorry to hear that! Did they give you a reason? Maybe start with your surgeon to see what they recommend. This board will be a wealth of knowledge in the insurance struggle I'm sure. In the meantime, hang in there.....your journey (like mine) is just taking a bit more time and energy than others. Keep the faith.... Christina S
(deactivated member)
on 2/21/06 1:06 am - Remington, VA
I was just denied for the first time last wekk. I too am fighting. M Move a mountain girl! Best of luck!
jennl
on 2/21/06 1:16 am - hampton, VA
Nicole Sorry to hear. Have you called the insurance company yet. I would also get HR Dept involved. Sometimes all it takes is a call from the employer to get things going. Good Luck Jenn
Lorraina M.
on 2/21/06 2:21 am - Ruther Glen, VA
So sorry you are having such insurance trouble. I have MDIPA which is part of United Healthcare. I was denied the first time and appealed, did get approval the second time around. I had to complete a 6 month program of supervised weight loss or control. I did this and the psychologist visit and was approved. Is your insurance through your employer or husband's? I too would go to the employer at this point and ask for help. Also, did they give you a reason for the denial? Good luck. Lorraine
Tam
on 2/21/06 2:55 am - Richmond, VA
Sorry Nicole! I was praying it would be approved! Dr. Hutcher's staff can help a lot...just ask. Also, call your HR rep and call the insurance company daily once the second appeal goes in. Do not give up! Try and get approval through CT's insurance if you can. {hugs} Tammy C
cappymoon
on 2/21/06 6:27 am - Northern, VA
Hey Nic..... You are in my thoughts as you get your insurance approval. I am thinking positive for you, keep your chin up and keep plugging along! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you sweetie...I am praying for you Dianna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views