Curves or Contours Express?

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/06 8:40 pm - Remington, VA
While I'm waiting for my appeal to be decided.....I've been thinking positive and considering my options for healthier living. Has anyone tried either place? We have both nearby and I was wondering about price and quality. Have a good day! Thanks, Kirsten
Mz_Desz
on 2/21/06 2:21 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I would go and take a tour of both places...also ask to use the faculity for 1 day to see how you like it. They might charge you a small fee, but it shouldn't be more than $10 ~~~~~~ I belong to Contours Express. They are franchised so I don't know if mine is being run the same as the one near you, but I can tell you what I like about the one I belong to. When you begin they put you on a low cal diet. Which isn't hard to do. They give you a list of foods that you can eat and how much at what servings. After the 1st 15 days they up your calorie in-take. You can schedule sessions with trainers at no extra cost. They use a computer software to keep up with your progress. It lets them know when you are due for weigh ins & etc. Also the music they use tells you when to go to the next machine so there is no hoggin. They will call you if they haven't seen you in a while to check up on you. They won't just let you disappear like most gyms.
(deactivated member)
on 2/21/06 5:19 am - Remington, VA
Desirai, Thanks for the tip on trying the places out. I didn't realize it was a diet plan. I thought it was just fitness/workout. Thanks again! Kirsten
Lelandmm
on 2/21/06 2:29 am - Chesapeake, VA
Kirsten, My mom joined her local Curves and it was similiar. She went in and said she wanted to try it, they let her do one session, I think thats like 30 minutes. Curves and Countours is good because the exercises are easy. They are great for someone just starting out, someone rehabing an injury, or someone with injuries/issues preventing them from doing a full work out. I wouldn't sign up for more than a year at a time. Once you get to a certain point in your weight loss, you will get bored. But they are great to get you back on track, start loosing and start improving your physical condition. I work crazy hours and the Curves/Contours near me do not stay open past 7pm, so I could never make it there before they close. I think its like $30 a month or something, and because my dad is a charter member with Bally's, I get a year for $96 there instead of $30 a month at Curves or $54 a month at the YMCA. If you are just starting to excercise, this is a great way to start. Its easy and tailored to those who haven't been working out or who have injuries. I would go in or call and schedule a tour and a trial session. See which one you like better. Tell both Curves and Contours that you are meeting with the competition and see if they can knock some off the price to be competitive. Leland
(deactivated member)
on 2/21/06 5:21 am - Remington, VA
Leland, Sounds exactly like what i need....baby steps! They're my only two options besides walking. Which will be enough in the beginning, but I definitely want to check these places out. Thanks, Kirsten
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/21/06 8:41 am - Danville, VA
Hi Kirsten...My daughter loves Curves...they are all over the country..when she joined, she was in Newport News and now she is in Seattle, Wa...Wish I could be of more help but I just walk.. Hugs, Betsy
Susan E.
on 2/21/06 9:32 am - Purcellville, VA
I belong to Curves. When I went to check it out, the first 3 sessions were free. If you like it and want to join you can join monthly or yearly. Yearly is 10 dollars cheaper per month. Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views