baby food

Amy B.
on 2/20/06 8:21 am - Hampton Roads, VA
Has anybody out there used any stage one baby foods early in the post op phase? I don't think I'd want to do that all the way but I'm wondering about stuff like applesauce since it's made of only apples and water. I thought it might be less wasteful if part of it has to be thrown out. I'm funny about keeping stuff for days. Very much a "when in doubt, throw it out" kinda gal. Also, any tips on making plain yogurt and cottage cheese more palatable in the beginning? I like the fruity kinds but so far not much on the plain stuff and it's pretty much a requirement for me. Thanks! Amy
melody80
on 2/20/06 8:35 am - Remington, VA
Hi ! I'm two months out and I did use stage one baby foods on occasions where I was in a bit of a rush or just didnt feel like cooking. I was told its not good to usue the baby food protein but the veggies and fruit are okay. As for applesauce I stuck to the individual packs and it would last me two days. I would use the baby green beans and add salt and smart balance butter. As for cottage cheese.....I tried everything from parmesean cheese to old bay seasoning!!! I'm sure you can add splenda or maybe mix it with puree peaches or any fruit. I sure am glad to be on more solid foods!
cathya
on 2/20/06 8:45 am - Orlando, FL
I use Splenda sweetened s/f syrups in my cottage cheese or yogurt. You can also use applesauce. I tried babyfood a time or two and found it too bland. I was able to eat the vienna sausages OK. I actually liked them mashed a little on a cracker. The first several months I ate a lot of cottage cheese, yogurt, grits and oatmeal, vegetarian lo fat refried beans all with added protein or cheese. I made egg custard --1 egg beaten with 1/2 cup milk and 3 tablespoons dry milk, salt to taste. If I wanted it sweet I added Splenda flavored syrup. Nuke for 60 - 90 seconds depending on your microware. You will have to try it a couple of times to get the consistence you like. At 1 month out, I was on travel for work so I ordered crabmeat ****tails or crab in a little butter or I would buy 1 scoop of the tunafish from Subway and a few crackers. CathyA
hollydecarlo
on 2/20/06 9:15 am - hopewell, VA
i ate the fruits like bannana's and applesauce and blueberry they were great. i also tryed the carrots they were ok. i have no tips on yogert or cottage cheese i ate them plain sorry hope this helps
Amy B.
on 2/20/06 12:20 pm - Hampton Roads, VA
Thank you ladies! I have a feeling I'm going to want bland in the very beginning. And yeah...those baby food meats (protein) were gross to me when my son was a baby so won't be doing those. Grits! Wow! For some reason I was thinking I was going to have to kiss those goodbye and boy do I love them. Probably for no more than I have to get in me in the beginning I'll be able to stand some of the yogurt and cottage cheese as is but as soon as I can I'm going to want to add some mashed peaches or something! Thanks again! Amy
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/21/06 8:30 am - Danville, VA
Hi Amy...Like Holly, I ate the bananna's and applesauce...Anything was better than the liquid diet I was on...just take things slow and drink your protein. Hugs, Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views