Surgery in 8 Days!

diannb
on 2/20/06 2:45 am - Manassas, VA
I haven't really posted here before but have read messages. My surgery is coming up FAST -- Feb 28th is only 8 days away! I feel like I have so much to do to get ready, but I'm not too busy to have a giant case of nerves! I have had someone who said she'd be my Angel but I haven't heard from her in quite awhile==don't really know what that entails anyway. I also lost my support person who was supposed to be here post-surgery to help me out the first week or so. It was my ex-boyfriend so I shouldn't have been surprised! I had already come up with a Plan B in case I was on my own and I'm sure I'll be OK. I have parents in the area who can help out if necessary. They are not exactly thrilled I'm having this surgery so I'm minimizing asking for help. My surgeon is planning on doing Lap instead of Open, and provided I have that I have been told recovery is a bit more comfortable, so I should do ok. Actually I don't have a lot of friends so I'm probably going to be on this site a lot in days to come--hope you don't mind venting! I do have some supportive co-workers which is great (my boss is not exactly one of them!). I'm having my surgery in Wash, DC because Kaiser Permanente farms out their bariatric surgeries to GW Univ Hospital and not to any in Northern Virginia for some odd reason. But I live in Manassas. Diann
Kathy & Rich
on 2/20/06 5:07 am - Fairfax, VA
Welcome to the board! And good luck with your upcoming surgery. Donna Mae on this board is also with Kaiser and Dr. Lin was her surgeon too. I've heard very, very good things about him. Best wishes, Kathy
A10sFrau
on 2/20/06 6:40 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Welcome. We are here for all folks who need support. Nothing wrong with GWU--I was born there and have made it 55 years so far Lois
THINMINT
on 2/20/06 8:14 am - LEESBURG, VA
HEY!! Hope everything goes well for you in EIGHT days!!! (I'm having mine in TEN!!) Sorry to hear that your support team is limited. It'll be ok though. You're doing this for you and that's who you have to focus on right now. Good luck!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views