Vitamin B-50 Complex Question

lookin2lose2
on 2/19/06 10:28 pm - Fairfax, VA
RNY on 01/27/06 with
I know at 4 weeks out we are supposed to start taking a b-50 complex vitamin. Is their a multi vitamin that has the recommended dosage for I wont have an additonal pill? If not what do you take for this? THANKS!! Jean
Tam
on 2/19/06 10:32 pm - Richmond, VA
That is not on my surgeons list of meds for us to take. We take b-12 and some others, but not B-50. Maybe someone from that group will know the answer. {hugs} Tammy C almost 10 months post op -168 lbs
cappymoon
on 2/19/06 10:49 pm - Northern, VA
Good morning Jean Nope, it is an additional pill. I go to the vitamin shoppe and get the B-50 complex, but I think you can find it anywhere. Hope that helps! Dianna
Kathy & Rich
on 2/20/06 5:18 am - Fairfax, VA
A B-complex (B50 or B100) is definitely required by my physician. The multivitamins do not contain enough of the Bs for him so we were told to add this supplement. I take it in a liquid form (brand is Twinlabs). It tastes nasty but doesn't linger in the mouth. The pills are just too big for my tastes but my husband does take those. There are also some B-complex sublingual liquids that you put under your tongue but I haven't tried them. Just be sure they have all the Bs. I read a few labels and found that some don't have B1 which is Thiamin and that is an important one. This is an addition to a sublingual B12. The B12 in the multivitamin will not be absorb through the stomach/digestive tract due to missing intrinsic factors. It needs to either be absorbed through the mucus membranes (under the tongue) or via shot. Kathy
Ms Court
on 2/21/06 12:04 am - Remington, VA
My Dr's assistant did suggest a multivitamin that contains the B-complex in it. I got it as Vitamine Shoppe, and it is made by Solaray (I think). I will have to wait til I get home to get teh inof for you. Courtney 11 1/2 weeks out - 54 lbs
Ms Court
on 2/21/06 12:04 am - Remington, VA
My Dr's assistant did suggest a multivitamin that contains the B-complex in it. I got it as Vitamine Shoppe, and it is made by Solaray (I think). I will have to wait til I get home to get the info for you. Courtney 11 1/2 weeks out - 54 lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views