Anybody in VA have Destiny Healthcare?

jadabug4
on 2/17/06 9:03 am - Lawrenceville, GA
I have Destiny Healthcare thru my husbands job and the coverage is based out of VA so I know they have to cover it because it the law in VA http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+38.2-3418.13. But they have denied me due to failure of six month supervised diet but according to VA state commission of insurance their guidelines have to be in line with the requirements of the NIH and the NIH doesnot require a supervised diet only that you show that you have tried and failed not necessary to be medically supervised. I am in the middle of an appeal right now. If there are any Destiny Healthcare people out there pls let me know what kind of experience you have had you can also use the about link to file an appeal if you have been denied gastric bypass surgery go to the link and read the law. Thanks Jocelyne
Christine Hood
on 2/17/06 11:04 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Hi Jocelyne, I don't know anything about that insurance company but I do know that most seem to require the 6 month doctor supervised weight loss attempt. I have Aetna and my insurance requires it and I have seen the same for other people. I would recommend that you start the 6 month doctor approved while you wait on your appeal. Also, I believe there is a limit to the number of times you can appeal so be careful wasting appeals on something that seems to be standard. Good luck! I am still jumping through lots of hoops myself Christine
TammyNVA
on 2/17/06 7:56 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Jocelyne, I don't have Destiny Healthcare, but my insurance also required the 6 month supervised diet. Good luck! Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views