tricare prime and tt

shellypoe
on 2/16/06 2:04 am - virginia beach, VA
yeah, i got deferred out to a civilian!! thanks to my civilian pcm i think. has anyone heard of dr. adam billet in chesapeake?
Ernurse323
on 2/16/06 10:02 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi Shelly, Way to go !!! Fred Seigal In Chesapeake did mine..I am not sure who Adam Billet is but I am gonna look him up now. He isn't anyone I know from working with Sentara. Tummy Tucks are so routine that I am sure he is good. I lost all my weight in 2002 and had an extended tummy tuck. I love it...even after gaining most of my weight back..my tummy tuck still makes me look hourglass ( just don't look at the but view ..because that is more like a rolling hill view..hehehe!!! ) I am happy for you. Tricare Prime can be unrelenting to refer out at times. You must have been in the right place at the right time !!! My friend had WLS and waited 2 years to get her Tummy Tuck at PNH. I would definately go for it if my insurance which is now Tricare Standard offered to pay for a tummy tuck !! Also..I read your profile and you look beautiful !!! Congrats !!!! Hugs, Dana
(deactivated member)
on 2/16/06 7:09 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Shelly ~ Im so glad you decided to take my suggestions and FIGHT for your rights! We as patients have the RIGHT to be seen by a surgeon within 30 days of a referral, unfortunately, MOST people don't pursue that and end up on a long mofo' waiting list. I still can't believe PNH was going to CHARGE you $3K for a tummy tuck with them, what the heck?!?!? I never take "NO" for an answer and have fought TricarePrime with EACH of my surgeries. Thankfully, I've managed to get each of them "outsourced to a civilian" doc. It's NOT always a slam dunk, but it's worth the extra effort. As far as Dr. Billet goes, I sent you a follow up email yesterday, not sure if you got it.....? Below is a cut and paste version of what I sent. Hugs - Lei ------------------ Cut and Paste Below -------------------- I've NEVER had to deal with Billet's office - although Eileen F. and I think Cindy Brown, both had follow up care with him since their surgery was literally the week that Dr. Merrell flew out of country. I "thought" they said they really ENJOYED his office staff - now granted, that's more in a "welcoming" sorta capacity, because at that point they didn't have to get insurance approval, it was a follow up visit. As much as I really LOVED MERRELL's skills in the operating room and his staffs welcoming personality, their ability to follow through with paperwork and the insurance carrier was sub par at best. The only reason things moved along in a timely manner is because I rode their butts - If you had gone to Merrell's office, which is now being run by Dr. Singer you probably would have ran into some paperwork challenges. Not sure if that'll be the case with Billet's office - I hope not - just stay on top of 'em, they work for you and You're worth it!!! Hopefully, Cyndi Brown or Eileen F. will read your post and toss in some comments, if not, try emailing them from their profiles? Good luck to you - Lei
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views