Five months ago today!

(deactivated member)
on 2/16/06 7:45 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
I remember meeting you at the Pool Party last year .. you where so beautiful then to me as you are today . I had many thoughts that day , as you told me you wanted a picture with me . I have cherished this picture so much of us .. At the conference, seeing you after so many months .. was astounding .. and very emotional for me . Donna - you where the first one to reach out to me when I was going through my divorce .. and you offered me your love and friendship . I knew then there was something very special about you . As I watch your transformation .. I see nothing but will and determination inside of you . You have always done the right things with your gift .. always asking questions .. so you can do it right .. and get the results you are getting .. and for that I am so very proud of you . The journey for you is not over yet .. it is never over .. please remember that this is a lifestyle for life ... I am so proud of you .. I can not wait to see what the year has in store for you . Know that I love you and adore you .. and may you always be successful at everything you do . Always, Natalie
(deactivated member)
on 2/16/06 11:05 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Natalie, yes I remember our meeting so well at the Pool party. I couldn't take my eyes off you -- you looked so stunning!! Of course I had to have my picture taken with you, and I am so glad that now everytime we see each other, we update that!! Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. I so much appreciate it Natalie. I do try hard - I think I may have to try a wee bit harder, just because I think age does that. But it's okay - I'm doing it, and I'm doing it my way!! Well, actually the surgeons way, but sort of my way!! Your message meant a lot to me. Thank you so much Natalie. love you! donna
J A.
on 2/16/06 12:30 pm - Southwest, VA
Congratulations!!! You have mail.
(deactivated member)
on 2/16/06 11:06 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
now you have mail!!
Susan E.
on 2/16/06 12:35 pm - Purcellville, VA
Congrats Donna Mae, what a wonderfull feeling it is for you. Your new pic is great. Hope you have a safe trip to the west coast. Enjoy all the attention you will recieve from your family. You deserve it. Hugs, Susan
(deactivated member)
on 2/16/06 11:07 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Susan - my dress twin!! Thanks so much for the message! It is a great feeling, a good healthy feeling. I'm not going to San Diego until Thursday so I have a few days to totally get myself psyed up!! love donna
(deactivated member)
on 2/16/06 7:30 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
. Hello girlfriend ~ I LOVED reading your post - full of positive wonderful thoughts, things we could all learn from. Hey? I hope you also cut and paste it to your PROFILE? It'll be one heck of a motivator for you when the 'stalls' show up again, because you KNOW they will, right? Stalls are our bodies way of regrouping and gearing up for the next round of weight loss. It's a HEALTHY way of reaching our goals - so as much as we hate 'em, we should be grateful each time it happens. Ive seen people blow through their weight loss in turbo mode and unfortunately, their bodies pay the price. There was no "resting and regrouping" and the nutrients they kept dumping into their system never stood a chance of sticking. Have a FANTASTIC time with your daughters and grandbabies - they're already so impressed and proud of their momma (and rightfully so) that I suspect they'll be star-struck when they see you at the airport. You've EARNED all the wonderful warm and fuzzies that'll be coming your way - relish in the moment, gorgeous!!! I'm gonna miss seeing that beautiful face of yours (love the update pic, missy) and reading your posts - think about us, once or twice, as you're walking the warm beaches of California! [sniffle sniffle, although a REAL friend would just take me with 'em]. Love you ~ Hugs, Me! btw - I did hear from Patti (Fribby Williams) ..she's coming by my house this morning at 10:30 to pick up the clothes you sent. I think your last email said you were having "bounce back" problems? lol, well, join the club - that seems to happen about 50% of the time for me, so I thought I'd plaster this on the message board so I can be sure you get it. .
(deactivated member)
on 2/16/06 11:14 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Lei - thank you for your message. I am always thankful to get your feedback on things - it's so helpful to me, as you know. Even something like posting a message!!! As usual, you've given me good ideas, and I will cut and paste this in my profile, which I desperately need to update. I have kept a handwritten journal and I think I'll copy that stuff to my profile so it won't look so lame!! I'm pretty excited about going to San Diego. I hope I'm not setting myself up for something! Sometimes I listen to all the good feedback I got on this board, and then the 'outside' world doesn't view my success as highly as you all do!! We'll see. I know that when I talk to them on the phone even now, they both just tell me they are so proud of me, and tell their friends about me. Great - just what I need, a bunch of hip 40 years olds giving me the once over to see why in the world my daughters would be THAT proud!! But it should be fun. Like I said, I'm not leaving until Thursday so you'll see my face around here for a little longer!! Love you Lei!! donna
Fribby
on 2/17/06 2:21 am - Chesapeake, VA
Donna Mae, WOWZERS!!!! You are doing incredible! Guess what I got to do today. I went to Lei's house and picked up the WONDERFUL clothes that you sent me. With Cory being sick the past few weeks I haven't been able to get out to do much. When I looked through them I just wanted to cry. I LOVE them all (tho the pants are going to take awhile to fit as I am bigger on bottom). The tops fit now and I feel like a queen with new clothes. I am still wearing most of the same things that I had before surgery (132 pounds ago). Jill gave me some things that I have been able to start to wear and now with you gift I have some choices. I am sure people are getting sick of seeing me in the same things. It is great that the tops are what works because that is where I have lost most of my weight so far and is what is hanging off of me. My pants I have only had to retire a few things but tops are almost all too big now... as Cory says, I am losing the girls way too quickly! If you dont' mind, could you email me your address so I could send you a proper thank you? I TRULY LOVE EVERYTHING. You told me that you had funky taste... well, let me tell you, we have EXACTLY the same funky taste becuase everything was so me! HUGS Patti
(deactivated member)
on 2/17/06 6:57 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hey Patti, well I'm glad you finally got the clothes!! I was beginning to worry that there was some reason you weren't able to pick them up. I was so appreciative of Leilani getting them closer to you for pick up. I'm glad you like them - and just wait, the bottoms will fit sooner than you think. I am glad the style is okay - like I said, maybe a little out there on some things, but hey, that's me! Thanks for the kind words Patti. This has been an incredible ride!! I am so thankful I was able to have this surgery. Enjoy the clothes! donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views