Five months ago today!

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/06 8:04 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
I can't believe it's my five month anniversary. And as of today I've lost a total of 90 lbs!! I am pretty buzzed about that. I went to the doctor on Monday and he has completely adjusted my blood pressure meds - I was taking two a day, I am now on 1/2 a day, and he said probably another 15 lbs and he will take me off completely. My bp was 103/63!! He was escatic, as was I!! My health has so much improved, and that was what I wanted out of this surgery. That might be hard for some of you younger ones to appreciate, but we are doing so much for the good of our health by losing this weight. I feel like a teenager!! Sometimes I think back to five months ago, and I remember what Dave C said 'hang on for the ride of your life'. That has been so true, just in this short time. I sometimes wish I could go back and do it all over again, just knowing what I know now. Just to relax and enjoy the ride!! I am exercising every day, although I have sort of dropped out of water aerobics. Too dang cold!! But I do pilates, Curves, yoga, and of course my dancing. Love my workouts. I want to get a bike, although there aren't many good roads in my area to ride and I don't know about putting it my car to go someplace. But we'll see. I am going to California next week to spend a couple of weeks there with my family. This will be the first time any one in my family has seen me since surgery. I can tell you my daughters are going crazy they are so excited!! Even my grandkids are anxious to see me. Sort of makes me feel like a movie star!! My 12 year old granddaughter (Kjersti) wants to take me to her class to show me to her friends!! How awesome is that!! I've learned so much, and all of it has been from you all. You are so helpful in every way -- from protein, exercise, vitamins, feelings -- I just don't know what I would do without you. It's like that little thing that Cathy A. sent around about on Valentine's day -- and how we (wls folks) huddle. Thank you all for huddling with me. I love you!! love donna p.s. I have a new face!!
Christine Hood
on 2/15/06 8:21 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Donna Congrats on all that loss...I didn't even recognize ya with your new face. Beautiful!! Enjoy showing off your new self in Cali!! That will be awesome! Still waiting to join you on the losing side. Christine
(deactivated member)
on 2/16/06 12:33 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Christine, thanks for the comments. Funny, I didn't think my picture looked that much different! Yes, I am excited to go to San Diego. Listen Christine, take your time on this process. It is so worth it, and once you are ready -- well, you are ready!! I'll be watching for your updates. love donna
Christine Hood
on 2/16/06 5:00 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Hi Donna, You do look VERY different (AND GREAT, by the way). So different that I honestly first thought "who is this...don't recognize her." Then I clicked on your profile and I was like "WOW!!! I know her!!" That is really awesome!! I just had to tell you because I know that those are the moments that keep ya going when the scales slow down. You look fabulous!!! Love Christine
Kitty Kat
on 2/15/06 8:30 pm - Richmond, VA
Happy 5 month anniversary! You look AMAZING! Keep it up baby! I really is an amazing transformation. I'm very excited and happy for you! Enjoy your vacation in Cali and prepare your head and heart baby as I'm sure the compliments will be rolling! Hugs, Kitty Kat
(deactivated member)
on 2/16/06 12:35 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Ms Kat - love your new picture by the way! Thanks for your message. Well, I may be counting the cart before the horse, or whatever that little saying is, assuming that I am going to get 'attention', but with daughters, whom I love dearly, they can be a bit picky!! We'll see. Thanks Kitty Kat!! love donna
Shanana
on 2/15/06 8:30 pm - Altavista, VA
Congrats pretty lady!!! You look maaaaaaaaaaavelous!!! Shannon
(deactivated member)
on 2/16/06 12:36 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Well thank you my dear dinner partner!! That was sweet of you. love donna
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/15/06 8:51 pm - Danville, VA
Donna, you look wonderful. and the best part is being healthy! I have a long way to go to catch up with you and wouldn't you know it, I have stalled already. Probably the stress but I am eating right. I think I need to get more active. Sitting here on the computer all day is not helping at all. I need to get out and excersise. I think depression has set in and not letting me enjoy being outside. That is all going to change though. It has been a rough couple months and now I am ready to spread them wings. I have too much to live for. It is lonely here but I hope that when spring gets here I will get out more and meet my neighbors. You have a wonderful time in Cali and enjoy those precious grandbabies. Hugs, Betsy
(deactivated member)
on 2/16/06 12:41 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Betsy, thanks for the message. Okay, I just came off of a stall. I took my sweet Leilani's advice and quit weighing!! I didn't weigh for over a week, and only did today cause I wanted to record my five month weight. The scale is not my friend!!! Betsy, I am not a fast loser, and January was a particularly bad month for me, losing weight. I don't know why -- it just was. But my clothes are fitting better, I am in a size 16, and maybe a 14 but I haven't had the nerve to try any on!! I bought a pair of 16 jeans last week (with Dianna at the thrift store) and they are way too big!! I was so excited. You are just starting out, like I said, enjoy the process, take the time to start really doing things for yourself. Maybe just take walks. I say that, but that was something I really wasn't good at! Hang in there honey. This is the best time of our lives!! love donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views