Stomach pain....HELP please!

*~Tigger~ *
on 2/15/06 8:18 am - Staunton, VA
Hi everybody. Last night and again today after lunch I have suddenly been doubled over with pain that goes across my belly button area. Both times I had just eaten and the pain was as if I were in labor. Is this severe gas?????????? (I'm taking at least 2 chewable GasX pills every day.) This happened once before back in December and I went to the ER; they just gave me pain meds and sent me home. Any ideas? Frankly, I'm a little afraid of eating right now. Thanks in advance. JoAnn
Susan E.
on 2/15/06 8:28 am - Purcellville, VA
Sorry to hear your in pain Joann. So far I have not had any issues(knock on wood) Hope your feeling better real soon. Maybe you should call your surgeon. Keep us posted. Hugs, Susan
*~Tigger~ *
on 2/15/06 8:32 am - Staunton, VA
Thanks, Susan! Hope you stay pain free! See you in June! JoAnn
MrsTonyaBrown
on 2/15/06 8:53 am - Jacksonville, FL
It could either be you're eating too fast, too much or not getting the gas to escape easily enough. What are you eating? How much and how fast are you eating it? Are you drinking with your food? Could be many things. Tonya
*~Tigger~ *
on 2/15/06 9:41 am - Staunton, VA
Tonya, I'm eating whatever I want, just not much of it! I've always eaten too fast, but I don't drink much around my eating. Thanks for your concern! JoAnn
Ernurse323
on 2/15/06 8:55 am - Virginia Beach, VA
JoAnn.. Can you go to your ER and get checked out? I haven't had my surgery yet..but speaking as a nurse..i think you should. if it is gas then good news..but you dont want it to be worst case senerio. Hugs, Dana
*~Tigger~ *
on 2/15/06 9:42 am - Staunton, VA
Thanks, Dana! I'm feeling okay right now, but I'm kind of scared to eat. I think I'll call the doc tomorrow! JoAnn
cappymoon
on 2/16/06 7:19 pm - Northern, VA
Wow Dana, I see you! You are gorgeous!! Nice to put a face to the name Dianna
Ernurse323
on 2/17/06 6:41 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Thank you Dianna !!! Hugs, Dana
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/15/06 10:27 am - Danville, VA
JoAnn, I would take the others advice and call the dr tomorrow. Doesn't sound like fun at all and I hope you feel better real soon. Keep us updated... Hugs, Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views