I Did It & I'm Still Alive!

Linda Y.
on 2/15/06 3:36 am - Portsmouth, VA
Hello All, Well I finally had my surgery Feb 1st. I survived it with the blessing of God Himself! And I had alot of people praying for me too! It would have gone just as expected if it weren't for my back. I guess being on the OR table those few hours really did me in...I started getting muscle spasms up & down my back on the 1st night. Finally by late Sat. night my family Dr. call in a RX for me. I'm still somewhat tight but doing much better! Now, my big dilemma are those yucky protein drinks! Does anyone have some recipes they'd like to share? Ones made with real protein...chicken, fish, crab, eggs, & cheese (if the cheese is in the meal, not eaten alone). I did find a premixed one, Advance Edge Carbo Control, but I'm tried of the sweet flavor...I don't want a sweet protein drink 1st thing in the morning & eggs are getting old too! I really need some help here & I sure would appreciate it! Anastasia
A10sFrau
on 2/15/06 4:18 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
If you have a Chik Filet near you get a little cup of their chicken salad--the same salad they put on the Chicken salad sandwich. YUMMMM!! Lois
Linda Y.
on 2/16/06 12:02 am - Portsmouth, VA
Lois, Thanks for the suggestion! I would love to have something like this!!! But can we have Chik Filet so soon after surgery...or other restaurant foods? Anastasia
(deactivated member)
on 2/15/06 8:13 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Anastasia .. Way to go girl .. welcome to the loosing side . Protein .. hmm .. now some say I am the protein queen .. but I am here to tell you - you can get it from lots of sources . Some are better then others as far as our ability to absorb and maintain . I have a list I can send you if you like . Just email me . I find the Nectar products to be not as sweet as the other powder Protiens . Proteins are made up of 21 amino acids and the ones that we need are usually found in the sweeter drinks . Many are able to get their protien from foods. I for one struggle . so I do shakes .. Nectar Tea mixed with Chrystal Lite Peach Tea .. Like I said email me and I can send you some info to read on proteins . You are going to do awesome ! Best wishes to you , Natalie
Linda Y.
on 2/16/06 12:07 am - Portsmouth, VA
Natalie, Queen of protein, I will take you up on your offer! Look for my email. Anastasia
Ernurse323
on 2/15/06 8:38 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Yeah for you !!!!!!!!!! OMG fish shakes !!!! You go girly !!! I guess I won't be complaining about sweet drinks. I don't mind anything sweet. Congrats on your surgery !!! Hugs, Dana
elizabethc03
on 2/15/06 10:22 am - Cypress, TX
I have a recipe which has been a lifesaver to me because I truly detest protein drinks. It may sound a little weird but it works for me and my 3 year old likes it as well on toast. 1 pkg. FF wafer sliced ham 1 brick of FF cream cheese 2 green onion Unflavored protein powder garlic salt to taste Cream everything in a food processor and spread on crackers or eat it like I do on a spoon. The best part is that you really can't taste the protein powder because of the garlic and onion and the protein actually makes it have a better consistency. Also, since I have to still cook for my family and eat it too I also make a modified tuna casserole that they like. 2 foil packages smoked tuna or the sweet and spicy is good too 1 can of FF cream soup (whichever you like best, I use cream of celery because I hate mushrooms 1 block of ff sharp cheddar, grated 2 garlic cloves, chopped 1/4 medium sized onion chopped 1 cup of frozen veggies, defrosted 2 cups of Barilla Protein plus macaroni noodles, cooked 1 cup of potato chip crumbs (I use the baked lays and leave it off of the part I plan on eating) salt and pepper to taste Mix everything together and top with the potato chip crumbs. Bake for 30-45 minutes at 350. I don't eat the noodles but I can eat the rest of it. Matter of fact we had it last night for dinner and my daughter ate two servings.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views