questions, questions!

Amy B.
on 2/14/06 11:20 pm - Hampton Roads, VA
Ok....I have some free time while my son works on homeschool assignments so I'm sitting here reading through articles I can find on the 'net. WLS articles of course. In one of them it mentions that a woman (post op) had started carrying all sorts of paraphernalia with her to combat odor from ketosis and that this is very common in WLS post ops. She carries dental gum and dental hygien necessities (mouthwash, floss toothpaste, brush), body wipes, deodorant and I don't know what else. Have any of you experienced that and if so, what do you find works best for you. I am very sensitive to odors from other people...good or bad...and would be mortified if I made anyone next to me uncomfortable because they wondered, "What on earth is that smell???" ...and then came to the conclusion that it's me. ALSO... Here's one of those saggy skin questions that's kinda personal...like the boxers or briefs thing but I'm very curious. One thing at a time for me....people are already asking me if I'm going to have the plastic surgery and my pat answer is: I can't focus on that right now, cross that bridge, etc. But at least in the beginning, I'm wondering about wearing an all in one undergarment and if that offers some comfort and more of a feeling like your "put together." I don't like the thought of skin moving around underneath my clothes. However, good undergarments like that are not cheap so if it won't help, I won't bother. Swimsuits would be another question. If you don't have plastic surgery is it ever possible to wear a one piece suit without that !@#$% skirt that blows up like a balloon when you get in the water!? I wanna wear a speedo one piece in the worst way. I'm so sick and tired of trying to do water aerobics while doing battle with my floating bathing suit. Thanks!!! Amy
(deactivated member)
on 2/15/06 1:06 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Amy , Ketosis does happen , however I was able to combat the odor by using more deoderant .. and more mouthwa**** happens . Mine only lasted about 2 months . It is not that bad .. trust me .. and if ya smell .. ya smell it is all for a good cause . Bathing suits .. skin .. well , I was able to wear a bikini last year and I have had no plastic surgery . I attribute that to walking a lot .. running and to weight training . Some may have more - others may not . I do wear a very tight panty girdle and it helps .. I have lost 190 pounds .. and I think my bod turned out ok .. yea I have some skin .. but I do not let it bother me .. I am healthy .. happy .. and alive .. and sometimes sweety that is all more important than the skin .. and how we look . Trust me you will look amazing .. there are many bathing suits out there that can help you cover things .. the boy panty .. the skirt suit .. they are all attractive .. Good to see you doing your homework .. I commend you for that .. Best to you ... Natalie
Amy B.
on 2/15/06 2:07 am - Hampton Roads, VA
Thank you so much! I feel better now...not that it would change my mind on the surgery but I'm one of those people who doesn't like that kind of surprise. Hopefully I'll be able to tolerate some itty bitty sugarless breathmints too but not counting on that. Like you say it will be worth any amout of inconvenience in the long run. Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views