Bellydancing in Manassas!!!

KathieKathie
on 2/14/06 10:41 pm - Manassas, VA
Hey, passing on a tip for those of you who might be interested... (especially if you were able to join us at Casablanca this weekend for a fun time!) Bambi's bellydancing classes are starting up again at WomenFit in Manassas. You do NOT have to be a member to attend a class there. The cost for members for the 6 week class run is $30, for non-members it's only $40. Still not a bad deal, I think the Herndon parks and rec folks charge like $80 for something similar with her. I've been taking classes with Bambi for a few years now - she's an excellent teacher and I can guarantee you're going to have a BLAST (and get a good workout, to boot). Bellydancing is such a beautiful celebration of the body - you can't help but feel good after. You *will* work up a sweat, too. Oh! I almost forgot to mention, classes are for one hour, Fridays at 7pm. It starts *THIS* Friday! Hope to see you there! I'll be there, with bells on... ~Kathie
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/15/06 3:08 am - Danville, VA
Oh Kathie...I so wish I lived nearer! I have always wanted to take a belly dancing class...Hopefully, when I feel ready I will find a class down here near Danville. Doubtful though...this place is Deadville. Anyway, maybe you can get good enough to come down here and teach me!!!! Maybe there is a video or DVD I can get to teach myself. Hugs, Betsy
KathieKathie
on 2/16/06 4:09 am - Manassas, VA
There is! I'll put a list together! ~Kathie
Ms Court
on 2/16/06 12:27 am - Remington, VA
Okay Ms. Kathie you have peaked my interest. What time do you think you will be there and what should I wear? Courtney 11 weeks out - 53 lbs
KathieKathie
on 2/16/06 4:14 am - Manassas, VA
I'm going to aim to be there by about 6:45 so I can get changed. Wear something comfy to move in - it's gotta be stretchy! I usually do something like yoga pants and a leotard or tight t-shirt, or a leotard and tights. (I did ballet and stuff for like 7 years as a kid, if I'm dancing, I have to have a leotard on.) But you don't have to go all-out or anything - most of the people in the class wear sweats and t-shirts. yay! Glad you'll be joining us!!!! ~K
cappymoon
on 2/16/06 2:25 am - Northern, VA
Ohh, wish I could be there, but alas, Cleve and I are on a bowling leauge (Ball and Chain, how fitting!! ). I would love to learn how to move like that, since I have no rhythm to begin with. Let us know when the next class starts, I might be interested! Dianna
KathieKathie
on 2/16/06 4:16 am - Manassas, VA
I'll definitely keep my eyes out for it! I didn't find out till the other day about this one - Bambi IMed me to let me know. ~K
shoutjoy
on 2/16/06 10:27 pm - Culpeper, VA
I love to dance! But.. no money. I was thinking about joining one in Sterling, but gave up on that. Have fun for me ok? Paula
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views