Getting Yourself Ready For the Big Day ..

(deactivated member)
on 2/14/06 6:49 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
For those of you preparing for your surgery , I want you to know there are things now you can do to prepare . 1. Start doing your protien . This will be an added value in your healing . And it will also prepare you for your new life - getting you into the habit of doing it . 2. Start your vitamins and suppliments . Begin getting into a daily practice of taking them . And it is good for you . 3. Start Walking or Exercising . Again, Back to good habits .. Walking will increase your stamina .. and keep the blood moving .. and it will help to rid you of the stress you go thru in this process as well . 4.Water Start increasing your water intake . As I said .. it will be a part of your new life and it also will help to speed your motabolism . And it keeps your insides all nice and saturated .. and your organs will work better . Practice these things now , focus on YOU .. as the next 12 to 24 months are going to be about you .. your life .. and your new tool . The gift of this tool is just that .. it enables you to loose the weight , but you need to be prepared to do the rest .. Read your labels .. watch your surgars .. etc ... If there is anything I can ever do to assist you , please let me know .. I am a walking Library .. but keep in mind that any advice you receive here on the boards is just that .. Always keep to your surgeon or Nuts .. protocol . Love ya .. and Enjoy what is yet to come .. Tink
DeniseinVA
on 2/14/06 10:07 pm - Midlothian, VA
Natalie, As always thank you for all your support. Yes, my day is almost here. On Monday I will be making my way over to the Losers Side. I thank you so much for all your assistance, and taking the time to really walk me through when I spoke to you on the phone. I know I couldnt have made it without everyone on this board. Hugs Denise D
Julie R.
on 2/14/06 10:27 pm - Belspring, VA
Thanks Nat! As always, your advice is very appreciated! Julie 5 days to go!
Ernurse323
on 2/14/06 11:22 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Nat... You are such a doll !! Thank you. How much Protein do you stay at daily? How about when you were fresh post op? What Protein supplements do YOU perfer? How did you keep from losing your hair? Which vitamin supplements do YOU use personally? I was thinking about using the liquids at first if at all possible. I have been taking the Centrum liquid but it is horrible. I also take the biotin pills and B-12 sublingal. I just bought a Nutrition for Nurses book to learn the ins and outs of all the Vitamins and Minerals. Also I know the dietican /nutritionist will discuss much of this..but there is nothing like hearing about it first hand for someone who has lived and experienced it !!! Lots of Hugs, Dana
(deactivated member)
on 2/15/06 1:13 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
How much Protein do you stay at daily? I started out pre-op at 60 grams a day . I took it all the way up to 120 .. and I have backed down to 100 . Right now try getting in 60 .. How about when you were fresh post op? 60 Grams What Protein supplements do YOU perfer? I prefer Nectars .. Especially the Nectar Tea .. Mixed with Peach Chrystal LIte Tea .. Yum ... How did you keep from losing your hair? I did loose some hair .. but I upped my protien and I started taking BIOTIN . You should really start that now .. you can get a suppliment that is GREAT for this called HAIR SKIN AND NAILS . ONESOURCE - Walmart brand. @ 6 bucks . But start it NOW ... My hair is back and I am loving it .. Some may tell you that no matter what you do you will loose your hair . I was a stylist when I was in college .. and I am here to tell you .. yes you will loose but you can assist your blood stream with good vitamins and suppliments to get it to hang on as long as possible . If there is anything esle .. note me .. Hugs . Nat
ElizabethC
on 2/15/06 10:45 am - Wirtz, VA
Thanks for the info!! I'm just over a month to go (woooohooo!) and have started all these, glad to know I'm on the right track. I am going to start Z-Pro soon to really bulk up on the protein. Now, I keep hearing about the Biotin...where can I find that? Is it a protein source or what exactly does it help? Also, do you recommend anything particular in the way of vitamins, calcium, iron, etc or is that something I should consult with my doc about? I assume that I need chewable/liquid as long as I'm on liquid and soft foods? Elizabeth
USMCBrat76
on 2/16/06 11:42 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 09/13/06 with
Thanks sweetie! I was going to ask these questions tonight! I've got some vitamins today and protien water to taste. I am NOT fond of water at all. So that is going to be a HUGE task for me. As of March 1 I am giving up all soda's and chocolate. I will be free of that for all most 2 months by the time I have surgery. My biggest fear is not getting enough protien and losing my hair (as you can tell it's long; always has been for the most part). My hair is a huge part of me! LOL... Thank you for taking the time to post that for all of us waiting to join the losing side with everyone! Love & Hugs~ Kimberly
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views