How many are too many

kizie23
on 2/14/06 9:44 am - blacksburg, VA
Hey everyone, I was just wondering how many carbs are too many in one day? Thanks in advance, Melissa
(deactivated member)
on 2/14/06 10:26 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Hey Melissa .. Carbs..Hmmm .. Well .. let's see you are approaching your 2nd month .. When I was at where you are I kept them @ 20 a day . Now .. I do @ 40 a day . I never have my carbs more than my protein levels .. BIG RULE for me . Some say .. WOW carbs for you are low . I am diabetic .. and do not handle sugar well at all .. And the low carb works for me .. Keeps me maintaining my awesome new me .. Do you keep a log on www.fitday.com > ? I do .. and it keeps me focused on where I need to be on my protein and my carbs . Now keep in mind too that Carbs are both good and bad . I eat the good carbs .. Veggies .. Some Fruits .. Yogurts .. I do not eat Pasta .. Rice .. and if I do Bread .. it is very little and wheat . I will eat a small Wrap .. but tends to get stuck . I hope this helps you .. and keep in mind .. what is good for me .. and works for me .. may not for you .. always check with your doctor or nut .. Hugs. Nat
TammyNVA
on 2/14/06 6:12 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Hi Melissa, Ditto on what Nat says... An additonal note...When I asked my doctor about calories & carbs, she said to focus on the PROTEIN. Makes sense to me, because if you are focusing on getting in as much protein and then maybe a few veggies/fruit, there's not much room or time in the day to get many carbs. I have also used the rule of thumb of carbs should be less than protein grams each day. Tammy
Shanana
on 2/14/06 7:55 pm - Altavista, VA
How many should I be at? In Calories, Fat, Carbs and Protein. I am at 3 months and think I am eating too much in each category. Shannon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views