H.Pylori test question

Ernurse323
on 2/14/06 8:19 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Well mine came back borderline positive. : ( Has anyone else had this happen also? This really sucks because Tricare Standard wants this test before surgery. I faxed my labs to Dr Clark's office..guess I will find out what regime he uses to treat tomorrow unless he wants my private doctor to prescribe the antibiotics. Who knows if I am going to have to be on treatment and test negative before this process moves any further. Good grief... : ( :::::: Hugs, Dana
Kathy & Rich
on 2/14/06 8:36 am - Fairfax, VA
I tested positive 2 weeks prior to surgery and was put on the Prevpak. It is 2 Preacids and 6 antibiotics a day for 2 weeks. You take 4 pills twice a day. I didn't get tested again. Good luck and best wishes, Kathy
Ernurse323
on 2/14/06 10:53 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks Kathy, How are you feeling since surgery? Dana
Kathy & Rich
on 2/15/06 6:25 am - Fairfax, VA
Hey, Dana! Which surgery? I had back surgery 3/31/05. Felt much better after that. My WLS was 5/20/05. I feel terrific. I had gallbladder surgery 10/14/05. I felt somewhat better after that. And I have surgery coming on 2/24/06 to remove a parathyroid adenoma (tumor) - non-WLS related of course. Hope to feel much better after that one. But hard to know what I feel from the pesky thing since it has been with me for a few years. Good luck to you! kathy
TammyNVA
on 2/14/06 6:08 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Hi Dana, I also tested postive and was put on Prevpac. Not bad but a lot of extra pills to take. I know it's weird to think something like that is going on in your stomach and you didn't know it. Hugs, Tammy
Ernurse323
on 2/14/06 10:55 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi Tammy, Thanks. I don't feel so alone and dirty now...lol !!!! : - ) Dana
Shanana
on 2/14/06 7:40 pm - Altavista, VA
You will always test positive on a blood test after you have had this. There are alot of nasty pills to take for 2 weeks. I had a biopsy during my endoscopy that came back negative but my blood still tested positive. They will just put you on the meds. You will be glad when it is over and feel better too. Shannon
Ernurse323
on 2/14/06 11:06 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi Shannon, Wow..I didn't know that. I was borderline pos/neg and suggested recheck in two weeks. It was a strange result. You think a BLOOD test would be more deffinate. I don't think I have ever drawn a H.Pylori working in the Emergency Room so this is not a test or bacteria that I am familiar with at all. Thanks for the info...I will remember that. : - ) Dana
Shanana
on 2/15/06 7:08 am - Altavista, VA
It is just a finger stick. Not too bad. Shannon
elvera
on 2/14/06 10:49 pm - LaPlata, MD
Dana, Don't worry. I am also standard and had H-pylori. Two weeks of med and here I am 15 days post-op. It will all work out!!!!!! Ellie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views