Thank you!

Julie R.
on 2/13/06 2:31 am - Belspring, VA
With a week to go before my surgery on the 20th, last night my mind decided to race. Up until now, I have pretty calm about the surgery, but last night I started to think about something going wrong during the surgery & breaking up with my best friend (besides my husband) food You name it, and it probably raced through my mind! Thankfully, all of you frequent (and not so frequent) VA board posters came to my rescue. From all of you post ops, I began thinking about all of your Wow moments and how this surgery has changed your lives for the best. From those of you pre-ops, like me, I thought about the concerns you have posted and knew that I was not alone. Shortly thereafter I came back to my senses and realized that in one week, I will begin a journey that will help to give me the new start I have been looking to reach for years, to be a healthy & active person who no longer sits on the sidelines of life!!! Therefore, thank you all!!! Without your postings, I probably would have backed out by now. It is not because WLS isn't the right step for me to take or that I can't adhere to the post-op lifestyle. I've just never been a person of strong resolve and sometimes need a little support. This is a major lifechanging event, and I appreciate the insight you provide. Thanks again Julie
Judy B.
on 2/13/06 2:36 am - Marion, VA
Hi Julie Sweetie ya know I am beside you 100% and if you need anything, just holler I am sorry I can't be there with you due to my surgery happening around the same time, but you aren't that far from me, so I will come see you afterwards .. Love ya bunches JudyB
Julie R.
on 2/13/06 4:01 am - Belspring, VA
Judy, You have been such a blessing right from the start. I remember finding you on OH when I was just considering surgery and had no idea what surgeon to go see. Because you were from my hometown I couldn't help but email you after I read your profile. You recommended Dr. Lucktong, and he has been wonderful. I know that I am going to be in good hands! I can't wait to meet you!!! Julie
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/13/06 3:42 am - Danville, VA
Julie, Hon, we have all been through the nerves...deciding whether to go through with it or not....I am just thankful that I did it. I am tired of not being able to live my life like I want to and I wanted to be healthy again. Before surgery I was taking 13 meds a day....now I only take two. What a change. My diabetes is under control and I am enjoying life. More so everyday. I am so proud of you and know that you will do wonderful on this journey. You are special and don't ever forget that. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hugs, Betsy
Julie R.
on 2/13/06 3:56 am - Belspring, VA
You're so sweet Betsy! It is great to have you back. I often think of your butterfly metaphor and how appropriate it is. I'm glad you are doing well and can't wait to see some pictures of the shrinking you on your site. Julie
(deactivated member)
on 2/13/06 4:00 am - Remington, VA
I agree full heartedly! I dont know whereI'd be with out the support here! I wish you all the luck and good healing! Good luck!
ElizabethC
on 2/13/06 6:14 am - Wirtz, VA
Julie, once again you read my mind!! I'm at the waiting anxiously stage now, and it's about to drive me crazy. I know my date will be here soon enough and that everything is going to be GREAT once I start losing weight, but whenever my mind has a spare moment to think, it wanders to the "what-ifs". I'm even starting to find it hard to sleep some nights I'm so anxious. Like the kids in that commercial getting ready to go to Disney!! LOL Hang in there, the ride is gonna be SO worth it! Elizabeth
DeniseinVA
on 2/13/06 7:40 am - Midlothian, VA
Julie, you and I are having surgery on the same day, and I totally understand how you are feeling. I am so jumpy myself. I know need this surgery if I am going to live, however fear is a very strong emotion. Yet I am so very excited at the same time. I believe everything is going to work out fine for both of us Denise
kizie23
on 2/13/06 10:31 am - blacksburg, VA
Julie, I am so glad that you have not backed out. I would hate for you to have gone through all that you have, then changed your mind. I really think it is normal to have the what if's going on right now. Please post a phone number that you can be reached at while in the hospital. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views