Home......

aprilholt
on 2/13/06 2:23 am - hampton, va
Actually it's been a couple days but this is the first I've felt well enough to post. Monday Jan 30th , I had surgery Wednesday the 1st I got pneumonia Friday the 3rd my lung collapsed The Gastric Bypass went fine and I was feeling fine when all this happened,some of you may remember me posting on Friday the 3rd (the Pulminologist had sent me home)about how frightened I was to go to sleep because I didn't think my breathing was alright, and I was afraid I'd stop breathing...........luckily I listened to myself and went to the ER, because my left lower lung had collapsed. The NEW Pulminologist as well as Dr Terracina where great, giving me the opportunity to do lung therapy instead of going right to a chest tube. I'm doing much better ,now have a Nebulizer and an inhaler,....have VERY little energy and am very weepy and emotional BUT hopefully things are on the mend.................I just want to go back to work and get on with my life As far as the bypass, I am HUNGRY, not head hunger but honest to God hunger., if I never see another liquid again I'll be very happy !!!!! I had to stop smoking for the surgery, and of course for the lung but I'm still struggling not to smoke (I haven't)........I swear life would be wonderful if only for a Hamburger ...lol I know, I know ...this to shall pass. April excuse my spelling, how the heck do you spell Pulminologist ???
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/13/06 3:37 am - Danville, VA
Aww, April....I am so sorry you had to go throught this. Funny but I had stopped smoking for over a year and 2 days from getting home from the hospital, I started smoking again. Yuck. I hope the pnemonia is now under control. I know exactly how you feel about the liquid diet...I am finally on all foods and doing well. The only thing I am lacking on right now is excersise. In a few minutes I am going to go out for a long walk. Hang in there, girlfriend, it will be better. Hugs, Betsy
Shanana
on 2/13/06 8:52 am - Altavista, VA
Sorry you are feeling so bad. Hope you are all better soon. Shannon
(deactivated member)
on 2/13/06 7:59 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Welcome home APRIL!!! I can't help ya' on the SPELLING issues, my spell checker has pretty much gone on strike. Actually, I turned it OFF completely. I use so flippin' much SLANG when I type (cause that's how I talk too) that my letters tend to light up like a Christmas Tree there are so many typos in it. It's just easier and quicker to live in denial. lol, so as you can see, I havent a clue how to spell that PULMIEEEEEEEE word! Glad to hear you're home and on the mend - sounds like you had a very ROUGH start, hopefully that's the last of it and it's smooth sailing from here forward. Congrats on the non-smoking - I know it's tough but I also know you and your long term health is WORTH it! - Lei
Chyanne2u
on 2/14/06 5:02 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey April, So glad to hear you are home from the hospital and back on the board. Funny how we miss seeing post from people while they are away and not . I dropped out for a while but it wasnt' due to surgery. I am still waiting....I know I say that in every post but I am just a little impatient. NO I am a lot impatient!!! At any rate, WELCOME BACK and I hope that things are on the mend now. Take it easy with your lung in the condition it's in and do what your doctors tell you to. I'm not a nurse or doctor so I don't give medical advice but I do know that LUNGS are important and so is breathing. I really am glad you listened to your feelings and went to the ER when you did. Hopefully that will help someone else on the board recognize when something just isn't quite right. I will hold you up in my prayers that you will continue to recover and in the process regain your life with the help of this surgery. Lots of Love Kathy
Kennie29
on 2/14/06 4:05 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Hey April baby doll, how are you doing? You know I need to call you and see what is going on? Do you need to talk! Girl things will get better just take it one day at a time and pray girl, the Lord will hear you and you just believe in him that in due time you will be better. He is testing your faith in Him so do not give up, put all of your trust in Him!!! Everyone, me and April were in the hospital at the same time and she and I visited each others rooms while we were in there. I felt bad because I was doing so great and here she was struggling but I feel a connection to her and hope that you will all join me in praying for her. Baby, I know what u mean about the hunger, I am about to go loco!! The kids had cheeseburgers and fries from Burger King and my first instinct was to take a bite but I caught myself. I hate this liquid diet and I am tired of it!!!! Call me if you need anything sweetie! Love ya, Kennie
aprilholt
on 2/15/06 4:03 am - hampton, va
Thanks Everyone !!!!!! I'm doing much better, the support on this board is great
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views