A Winter Wonderland - eeek!

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/06 7:37 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
. G'morning friends ~ Well, with a name like "Leilani" it's probably NO surprise to any of you that I was like a fish floppin' outta water this weekend. I kept my ears tuned to the local weathermen our entire drive up to DC, but in all honesty, pretty much assumed they'd be as wrong as our VaBeachDude's normally are. Uh, surprise, we woke up to 12 inches!!!! Heck - it was SO bad, we literally misplaced my car for a few seconds - they all looked alike, just one big snow mound after another. Of course, typical "beach" people that we are, we had NOTHING on us to dig the car out and ended up using our hands, and an over sized umbrella that was in the trunk. About 30 minutes later, we had progress (and thankfully, based on the license plate of the car, we had the right car). Unfortunately, the ONLY pictures I got this weekend was OF the "Winter Wonderland" we woke up too. I left my camera in the room, by mistake, as we took off for dinner and dancing on Saturday - so I hope the others that were flashing pictures left and right will FORWARD those photos my way too! I want PICTURES!!!!! [complete with foot stomp] ....so SHARE!!! If you want to see what we woke up to on Sunday morning, here are 3 photos - This polynesian redneck had NO business being caught in all that white stuff. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-whine! http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6dc33b3127cce9779df63897100000056108AcNWjdq5cNl http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6dc33b3127cce9779de80483a00000016108AcNWjdq5cNl http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6dc33b3127cce9779df22080000000015108AcNWjdq5cNl Kathie C. -- thank you so much for orchestrating this weekend, lots of new and fun experiences, combined with new and old friendships being made, nurtured and enjoyed. The belly-dancer(s) at the restaurant were nothing short of awesome. Although I took 4 years of Hula on the islands, I don't think I stood a chance of wiggling my hips the way these ladies did. It's a good thing I stayed planted in my seat. Our Metro ride home (with Kathie, me, Paul, Patti & Rick) was a lotta fun too - well, I can SAY that now, in the comfort of my house with my warm robe and bunny shoes on. Sitting out in the middle of the blizzard at 1:00 in the morning, hoping and praying the cab would not take an HOUR to get there, probably wasn't a highlight? THANKFULLY an Angel disguised as a man in an SUV took pity on us and drove us home - now that was a major highlight. Ive decided he was the BEST kinda' snow angel we could have ever hoped for. We were already so cold to the bone by the time he pulled up next to us that I could only speak in "chatternese!". Hope everyone made it home safely? Our 4 hour drive was actually uneventful. The most difficult part was trying to get OUT of the Holiday Inn Parking lot - but that's a whole 'nother update! Have a great week, everyone - don't forget, I wanna see PICTURES!!! Hugs ~ Lei .
Christine Hood
on 2/12/06 7:55 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Lei! Sounds like you all had FUN, FUN, FUN! I'll bet that I had just as much fun reading your post and picturing ya'll diggin' your car out!! That must have been a SIGHT!!! This New Yorker's gonna have to give ya'll lessons in Car Digging 101! Christine
(deactivated member)
on 2/13/06 8:12 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
The worse (or is that worst? I always get the stupid word confused) any way, the clincher in it all? The hotel had COVERED PARKING!!! We actually "talked" about moving the car to it - geee, but did we ACT on it? Noooooooo! Yah - the only lessons I woulda been taking from your cute self is NOTES! I woulda been too busy writing the stuff down to actually HELP you dig out my car. Snow is absolutely beautiful - from a TV Screen or our living room window!
Carole V.
on 2/12/06 9:08 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
LOL loved the pics Lei. And I'm SO glad that foot o' snow fell in NorVA and not here at da beach. But I have to say, you look not so much like a flopping fish as you look as mad as my cat does when she gets wet. Methinks you have a lot in common with the kitties -- cold + wet = yuck. luv ya, Carole
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/12/06 10:33 pm - Danville, VA
OMG, Lei, we didn't get that much here in Danville. I would have loved to watch you and Paul get out of that parking lot...did you have your eyes covered the whole time??? Hehehe You were some brave souls even going! Glad everyone had a good time...and got home safetly. I am dieing to see some pictures too....will you be at the Charlottesville luncheon? I would love to see your smile there.... Hugs, Betsy
(deactivated member)
on 2/13/06 8:17 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello again Betsy!! We won't be able to make the Charlottesville luncheon. Although we were originally hoping/trying - as with anything in our lives, the final call is the Navy's. Paul has to work this Saturday. He's the COD that day (did I just call him a fish?) and it's a 24 hour shift, so the entire day will be spent on the tincan. Have a wonderful time (Im so glad you'll be able to make it) and make sure everyone is snappin' photos left and right. I love to look at pictures!! Hugs - Lei
eileen f
on 2/12/06 11:34 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Hey girlyfriend! Hey, growing up in that area, I well remember those days of looking out the window and seeing a foot or more of snow. Bet you were especially glad you finally had a real winter coat with you Glad you all had fun and got home safely! My friend Megan is stuck in New York, where they got something like 29 inches. Yikes!! See you at lunch ~ can't wait to hear all about the weekend! Eileen
Chyanne2u
on 2/13/06 1:59 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Leilani, Thanks for sharing your pictures and your experience with me. I wanted so bad to be there but I just couldn't pull it off this time...and I have other obligations and won't make the Charlottesville meet and greet either. But at any rate I so enjoyed the pictures of the snow. We only got a dusting and I was hoping for what you got up there. Hey, give a girl a break, I wanted a snow day off from work. Sounds like everyone had a great time. I have just got to get to one of these meet & greet meetings. Sounds like everyone has a blast. I am needing me some "blast times." Winter Wonderland is always nice if you can enjoy it from the comfort of your own warm comforty home...peering out a back window into the wonder of it all. I love that quiet peace that comes after a snowfall. Glad you BeachLovers got a chance to experience something a little deeper by visiting NOVA. Next time, take your hip boots and a snow shovel. Lots of Love Kathy
Gail from NoVa
on 2/13/06 3:31 am - Bealeton, VA
Aw, Lei, I think you look good in white!!! I'm sorry I missed this event - but there's always next time. Love ya! Gail
David@Goal
on 2/13/06 4:24 am - VA
Perfect! Hysterically perfect!! I promise to keep the snow away from Boogie & Splash 2006! No snowshoes required...unless it's the print on your bikini David
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views