Hi Everyone:) Seven Days to Go....

DeniseinVA
on 2/12/06 9:24 am - Midlothian, VA
Hello Everybody, I havent been online much. I had the classes, meeting with Doctor, Pre-administration and all that good stuff The days are winding down. I remember when I was waiting for a date. I remember when I got my date back in January and thought February 20th, what are they thinking. But it's almost here and I know I am doing the right thing, I am just developing jitters. I have to start on this liver shrinking diet, and it has been so hard. I guess with the nerves and trying to control this diabetes. Oh yeah, I just developed diabetes and trying to control it has not been successful. I am doing metformin 1000 mg 2x a day, now they put me on lantis because they think I have hemacratatosis(sp), and so they are just trying to get it under 150 until surgery and the doctor does a liver biopsy. I knew I was doing the right think when I opted to have surgery because I didnt want all these things and now they are happening. Anyway, I close down on Wednesday, and will have thursday and friday to do homwork, cleaning, etc. I am looking forward to getting to meet you all real soon. Thanks for all your encouragement. I need to post a pic on my profile. Denise Diaz
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/12/06 10:21 am - Danville, VA
Denise, the jitters are so normal...I was diagnosed with diabetes last year and since the surgery (Dec 16) I am not on any more meds...I was on Metformin 2xa day too. Hopefully this will help you with that. I was on 13 different meds a day and now I only take my thyroid meds and heart meds. What a difference this surgery makes. I am thrilled for you and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Betsy
DeniseinVA
on 2/12/06 8:41 pm - Midlothian, VA
Thank you Betsy, I am so happy for you. I remember when you were waiting and counting the days. You have been such an encouragement to me on this journey. Denise Diaz
beth-d
on 2/12/06 1:05 pm - Richmond, VA
Heh Denise I am on the wonderful liver shrinking diet also - yuk! It is much harder to do this when your stomach is still so big - you get really hungry - but we will get through this - you have my number if you need to talk! It is the home stretch and we will do this and be skinny! Yeh!
TammyNVA
on 2/12/06 5:50 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Hi Denise, I know you are getting excited! I had to cut back my eating the week of Thanksgiving! At least I was still able to eat. I'm sorry to hear about the diabetes and other problems. Since surgery, my blood sugar has been so well in control that my doctor said I don't need to test it anymore. I tested under 95 every morning for 3 consequetive weeks. My surgery was 2 1/2 months ago... sometimes it seems like just last week and other times it seems like a lifetime ago. I'm looking forward to meeting you too! Do you need an angel? Hugs, Tammy
DeniseinVA
on 2/12/06 8:43 pm - Midlothian, VA
Hi Tammy, I am sorry that I forgot to email you to go to the support meeting. Please email me for the next time. I really would love to go. Thanks so much for all your encouragement. I dont have an angel yet. Denise Diaz
A10sFrau
on 2/12/06 7:49 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hi Denise, I have a family history of hemochromatosis and was looking forward to the liver biopsy. I have not had high serum ferritins (I do get them checked) but they picked it up in my mom at about my age (55). My surgery was the second case of the day and the first case was almost twice as long as they thought it would be SO Dr. Kellum decided not to do the liver biopsy. I was able to lose 33 pounds before surgery, and I had a bad case of jitters at least twice before surgery--you can only imagine how bad it was while I was lying READY for surgery from 9 a.m. until 2p.m.!! I overcame it by relaxing and sleeping. Good luck, some of those jitters will pass. Stick with it! Lois
DeniseinVA
on 2/12/06 8:47 pm - Midlothian, VA
Lois, I am so glad that everything went well for you! I was the one that was looking for you on your surgery day that was postponed Thanks so much for the encouragement. Denise D
(deactivated member)
on 2/12/06 7:56 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Denise ~ I loved the way you ended your last update to your profile "21 more days till FREEDOM" .......... How true a statement that was for ME too! I really did feel like I was about to be released, free to LIVE life again. Almost like a convict sitting on death row for many many years (3 decades for me) and then to find out, not only did I win my appeal, I was being paroled and regaining my freedom and my LIFE! What an exciting wonderful "moment in time" for you - I can't wait to read and follow in all the special moments that will be coming your way with this surgery. Congrats coming your way ~ Lei
DeniseinVA
on 2/12/06 8:50 pm - Midlothian, VA
Lelani, Thank you so much for your kind words. I wanted so much to go to the winter conference, because I wanted to meet you. I have read your amazing story line by line since I started contemplating surgery. I look forward to being a loser soon. I am just a little chicken on the way to crossing the other side Denise D
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views