Incision Question . . .

lookin2lose2
on 2/12/06 8:08 am - Fairfax, VA
RNY on 01/27/06 with
My incision is healing fine but at the top of it I can feel a hard spot. It doesn't hurt but it feels like a lump under my skin. Anyone have this and what is it? As always thanks for any guidance you can provide. Jean
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/12/06 8:52 am - Danville, VA
Hi Jean....What you are probably feeling is scar tissue. If you are concerned I would call the dr and ask them. Glad you are healing nicely...so you had open also? I did too..a 13 1/2 in*****ision...felt like I had a zipper in my stomach til the staples came out. They left the "G" tube in me for 6 weeks and that was a pain but it is out and I am doing great. Hugs, betsy
lookin2lose2
on 2/12/06 9:29 am - Fairfax, VA
RNY on 01/27/06 with
Thanks Betsy for your response. I didn't know if it was sutures underneath my skin or what? Yes, I had an open incision and other than feeling something underneath the scar I feel great. Congrats on being in Onderland - I can't wait until I can announce that. Take Good Care! Jean
Ms Court
on 2/12/06 10:23 am - Remington, VA
Hey Jean. So good to hear from you. Dr. A's office told me upfront that there is another line of stiches internally under the incision line and that as we are healing and the swelling changes and such that we would sometimes feel it. Mine felt like a little knot just in one spot. I think that is probably what you are feeling but if you have any pain I would double check with the doc. courtney 10 weeks out - 53 lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views