HELP - 4 days RNY post op - not eating enough!

dlrandolph
on 2/12/06 4:46 am - Woodbridge, VA
RNY on 02/08/06 with
Hey ya'all! I am 4 days post op and I am trying to get all the protein in that has been recommended and I am FAILING! I was so stuffed yesterday! I can't even tell when I have to pee so I have my husband take me every now and then. As I am walking, very slowly, I feel it at my incision site more than I thought I would. Is that common? And the gas hasn't passed yet. I have irritable bowel syndrome. And I immediately get dizzy any time I twist to the left or right. Is any/all of this common? Any advice you can provide is appreciated.
Kathy & Rich
on 2/12/06 5:08 am - Fairfax, VA
Denise, Straight of the hospital and surgery, no one gets in the recommended amount of protein or fluids. It just physically cannot be done. Be gentle with your body and give it time. You'll be able to drink more and eat more over time. Just do your best! Call Dr. Halmi if you are concerned about the dizziness just to be safe. I'm sure that isn't unusual considering you just had major abdominal surgery but checking with your surgeon might may you feel getter. Take care, Kathy
A10sFrau
on 2/12/06 5:17 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hi Denise, Congratulations on being a loser! I would call the surgeon tomorrow if I were you and tell him your concerns. I would be most concerned about the dizziness. My surgery was laparoscopic so I have so incision, but when I had my Caesarians YES I did fel the incisions for a LONG time--several months, and after that they continued to itch for several months. God bless, and let us know how everything turns out. Lois
A10sFrau
on 2/12/06 5:30 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
I sent you an email, Denise. Lois
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/12/06 5:47 am - Danville, VA
Hi Sweetie....I agree with Kathy and Lois...any concerns, please call the dr. I am surprised you are home so soon...I had open and was in the hospital for 5 days. Just take things slow and get plenty of rest...the protein takes time...after 2 months post op, I still don't get it all in. Just make sure you get plenty of water. You just had major surgery, don't be too hard on yourself. The dizziness can be after effects of the anethesia. Just make sure you call your dr tomorrow. Hope you are feeling better soon. Hugs, Betsy
jilldennis
on 2/12/06 7:08 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Denise - Everyone is right - just remember you just had major surgery! There is no way right now you can get everything in - it's just not possible! Rest - get as much fluid as you can in and walk as much as possible...it really helps with the healing process. The gas will pass quicker too with the walking. My mom came and stayed with before and after my surgery and she made me walk everyday - even if it was just around the outside of the house...it really did help! If you are still dizzy by tomorrow I would call your doctor. I will keep you in my prayers! Welcome to the losing side! Hugs! Jill 278/261/225/151/140 Highest/Consult/SurgeryDay/Today/Goal
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views