Anyone been down this road before???

Iamspoi1ed
on 2/12/06 12:00 am - Roanoke, VA
Hey everyone... I went to the doc on Fri to have my incision line looked at again. There was another place that Barbara opened up (it hurt like hell) and she re-packed the places. She said that it was a staph infection but not the kind that has an 'm' in the name that is harder to treat. The kind I have is supposed to be responsive to Cipro, which is what I am on. Has ANYONE had this happen to them? I am really freaking out and it feels like this infection is eating my stomach from the inside out! It is so gross and I am so discouraged and scared, Any thoughts about this would be greatly appreciated since I feel like I am in the dark with all this. Thanks so much! Mary
Kennie29
on 2/12/06 12:10 am - Chesapeake, VA
I have not experienced it or heard of it, but honey I wish u the best and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Don't be scared, I know it is a scary thing but know that the Lord is looking over you and you will be ok!!!!! Just take it easy and keep on trucking. I wish I could help you with your question, but I just don't know!! Hugs, Kennie
(deactivated member)
on 2/12/06 12:36 am - Remington, VA
HI Mary I haven't experienced this either. What I do know is, and I know it's easier said then done, but try and relax. Your body will heal better, faster with reduced stress. Whatever you need to do to relax do it....meditate. Do other things that you enjoy to keep yur mind off it. I'm a preop so I dont know much on this....other then what I've read here, but make sure you're getting your protein in. I've learned it aids the healing process. Feel better soon, thoughts and prayers sent your way!
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/12/06 1:15 am - Danville, VA
Oh my dear Mary....Yes, I have been down this road before two times...once when my CSection split and I had to use a kotex to absorb all the nastiness....three Christmas's ago I had another incision do the same thing....this infection will drain your energy so please rest alot. You will be fine if you take your meds and get plenty of rest. My heart goes out to you and I pray that you will heal quickly. I know first hand how miserable it is and how bad you feel. I think I had the other infection that is harder to control but I did just fine...Staph germs are all over our bodies all the time....you were just unfortunate that you got the infection. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Sweetie. You will be fine...I have had 23 surgeries and I was lucky with 21 of them. Don't let it stress you out...the dr will have it under control in no time. Hugs, Betsy
Ernurse323
on 2/12/06 1:23 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Mary, Thats great the it is not MRSA..which is a type of staph infection that is so so so hard to treat. Most patients end up with recurrent staph infections once they get that. Staph is always on your skin. Some people are a little unlucky and when they are cut get an infection. Just take ALL you antibiotic and use your pain meds. remember not to come in contact with any of the drainage because it is contagious. Wash your hands constantly and disinfect everything that comes in contact with the drainage. It is very contagious. I have never had one like this but I have had patients with MRSA. I have assisted with lots of I and D's ,in the ER, of abcesses what were from staph. Good luck to you. I would tell my patients to follow up if they were not feeling better or were unsettled. No call is unwarranted if you think something is wrong. Better safe than sorry. I have not had my surgery yet..this is just the RN in me talking. Lots of Hugs... Dana
wanda
on 2/12/06 3:59 am
Mary, I know nothing about what you're experiencing, but I do want you to know that I'm thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. Hang in there and if you need anything at all, please let me know. Big, big hugs, Wanda
Tam
on 2/12/06 8:21 pm - Richmond, VA
Mary, I had an infection and was put on Cipro a few weeks after surgery. Most of my incision had healed except for two spots that just wanted to stay open. Barbara gave me Cipro after a culture revealed I did in fact have an infection. It took about 5 days before I felt better and after two weeks on the antiobotics it all healed up nicely. There are still two areas on my scar that are larger than the rest, but nothing to complain about. Just remember to finish all of the meds and follow up with Barbara. She knows what she is doing! Tammy -165 lbs
Iamspoi1ed
on 2/13/06 8:50 am - Roanoke, VA
Thank you all so much for your suggestions and kind words. I really apperciate it so much! I freak out really easily so it makes me feel better knowing that someone else has been here before and was ok. I will let you all know what happens when I go for my check up on thursday... *Hugs* Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views