Surgury Feb 20th

Kittyn Moon
on 2/11/06 9:45 pm - faber, VA
At Uva Hospital! I am so excited! I am trying to figure out what to take to the hospital and what I need for the first few weeks at home. I have for the hospital: Pillow Chapstick Cd player and hypnosis CD for relaxation Loose clothes Home pill crusher lots of protien shakes, etc chewable vitamins Is there something odd that someone found helpful that might be helpful?
Judy B.
on 2/11/06 10:00 pm - Marion, VA
Hi Kristine first of all...Good luck and best wishes on your surgery..It won't be long until we are welcoming you to the loser's side. i took some body wash and my own shampoo to the hospital and my deoderant that is the only things i can think of right now, brain cells arent functioning properly this morning..lol hugs JudyB
A10sFrau
on 2/11/06 11:10 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
With what Judy suggested, that about does it. Don't take too much. You really won't need extra clothing. Just make sure what you wear in is comfortable. At home, in addition to protein, have soups and sf jello, sf popsicles. Lois
Ernurse323
on 2/12/06 12:06 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Kristine.. Yeah for you !!!! Wow..that date is a blink away. I doubt you will be in the shower but I tell EVERYONE who will be using any sort of hospital shower to use rubber flip flops !!!!! So if your friend of husband will be staying with you in a private room remember that. The cd's sound great but you will be on a medication pump and hopefully resting quitely and comfortably !!! : - ) You go girl !! Congrats on your new adventure !!! Dana
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/12/06 1:28 am - Danville, VA
Oh wow, You are almost a loser! How exciting! I know you are nervous but it will be over before you know it and the results will be amazing. Be prepared to walk as much as you can and sip, sip and sip some more. The pillow is the most important thing...it is a great help for the ride back home. It looks like you have everything in control but if you read, you might want to take along a book or a journal to start writing in. Get all the rest you can get while in the hospital. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hugs, Betsy
Kathy & Rich
on 2/12/06 3:00 am - Fairfax, VA
Hey, Kristine... I barely opened my bag from the hospital except for my chapstick and toothbrush and of course my clothing to go home in. Really didn't need much else. Sounds like you have a good list there! Best wishes, Kathy
Ms Court
on 2/12/06 10:02 am - Remington, VA
Kristine congrats on gettng your date. The time will fly by. Try and remember to relax and not get overwhelmed. Your packing list sounds great. My hospital offered my favorite radio station through there tv system and I spent most of my time listening to that and it was wonderful. Courtney 10 weeks out - 53 lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views