Just..a quick question

Lori72
on 2/11/06 12:35 am - Alexandria, VA
It's been a little over a week since I've had my surgery, I have good days and I have bad days, on the bad days like today, well, I don't even feel like eating, smells, texture, thoughts, anything having to do with food makes me gag. Is this normal? Even thinking about that protein shake makes me gag. I don't know what I'm going to do about this whole protein shake thing. : (
wanda
on 2/11/06 1:33 am
Lori, I think different people have different reactions. I never experienced what you describe, but my husband, who had WLS in December, had all of the things you describe and still has some trouble with gagging occassionally. He manages to get protein in, but has to kind of treat it like medicine. Kinda hold his nose and down it. Things do get better. And the improved health is all worth it. Hang in there! Hugs, Wanda
Ms Court
on 2/11/06 1:55 am - Remington, VA
Hey Lori. I am sorry that things are going rough for you. I didn't experience this except a little bit with the protein. I finally broke out of it when i found one I really liked. Order soem different samples, www.vitalady.com sells some for good prices, and keep going til you find one you can tolerate better. If you don't like milk then try some that you can mix with water. Hope things are better for you soon. Courtney 10 weeks out - 50 lbs
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/11/06 2:36 am - Danville, VA
Hi Sweetie....I had my surgery in December and I was on liquids for almost a month....I haven't experienced the gagging but I have to be careful what I eat.. You really have to eat to get the weight off..I know that sounds funny but it is true...your body is so used to having food that when you stop it shuts down and holds on to all the calories..the protein is a tough one though..I have found that I like the Nectar Carribbean Cooler with orange Crystal light. It tastes like a mixed drink without the alchol...I find that if I drink that first thing in the morning and in the early evening I do fine with it. Maybe some cream based soups will help. I hope you find something that will work. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers...you are still early and it will get better. Hugs, Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views