I can FINALLY post!!!

turtlegirl
on 2/9/06 8:44 am - In the middle of the woods, VA
I'm so... happy - after months of problems with this site I can finally post! I have read many of your posts, but could never respond! I have missed being able to connect with all of you! Hi again! I am down 115 lbs. now... I'm a slower loser than most of you, but very consistent - I have lost "something" every single week since surgery! I now weight 130 lbs.... my lowest since 8th grade - truly a miracle! I am shooting for 115 - 120 lbs... I haven't been this close since, let's see, 8th grade! I can wear size 8's and 10's for the most part.... that part still blows me away. And my mind hasn't caught up with my body because I routinely come home with a size that's too big after "eyeballing" it at the store (I still can't try things on at the store - something about those dang full-length mirrors that brings back too much pain). I look at something that fits, and can't wrap my brain around it - and I'm always amazed when I put it on and it DOES fit. Weird. My question is this..... for those of you who have reached your goal, was that last little bit of weight hard to get off? How long did it take? How hard did you have to work at it? Also.... another question - how hard was it to continue losing the weight when you could eat more and more over time? I find that if I go over approx. 700 cal a day, my loss slows down substantially. Problem is, I feel hunger more now, and my capacity has increased. It's getting pretty tough. Help!!! One more question (I'm starved for answers!!).... have any of you been able to eat more (and maintain and/or lose weight) because of the amount you exercise? I know when I was on WW they gave you "activity points" for your exercise - meaning you could eat more. I exercise like a fiend every day, but so far it does not seem like I can get away with eating any more. Thanks for answering and being there! Crystal
Amy B.
on 2/9/06 9:52 am - Hampton Roads, VA
Crystal....be patient with yourself. After years of dieting my way up and down the scale I can promise you that if you are as active as you say and eat as little as you say.....you are probably building muscle in the place of fat providing you're getting in all your protein and enough carbs so that your body doesn't rob from muscle to keep up the performance. I would ask a nutritionist or dietician for their advice but it might even be that if you up your water and increase you protein and complex carbs you'll all of a sudden see a loss. OR maybe you are at the weight where your body belongs and what you will see next is a decrease in inches. I can hardly wait for my last journey down that long weightloss lane. Congratulations. When I read where people like me are wearing an 8 or 10....my eyes just glaze over as I envision myself plowing through racks of clothes......or not having to look around to make sure nobody's watching when I haul myself up out of the lounge chair at the pool. Ugh. Take care! Amy
turtlegirl
on 2/11/06 1:36 am - In the middle of the woods, VA
Thanks Amy! Hang in there - your time will come... it does for us all. I did lose a lot of inches this month - so I guess the exercise is paying off! I drink tons of water - I average 12-14 glasses a day. I get my protein quota in every day, and I'm working on increasing the veggies and fruit - which is going well. It's hard to prioritize anything but protein and keep the calories down, but I'm trying. Anyway... I'll just keep plugging along! Take care! Crystal
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views