pep talk please

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/06 5:21 am - Remington, VA
One step forward, two steps back....I am so frustrated right now and need some cheering! My husband tries, but doesn't quite get IT. My paperwork was submitted to Tricare, my insurance, and evidently my nutritionist, when she wrote up my report called me an emotional eater, and said she doesn't recommend me for surgery as my emotional eating will be a problem! So now they want me to be further eval'ed by a psychologist. I have no problem doing what needs to be done...but this is a big hit, just when i thought I was in the clear. Ironically enough after finding this out I noticed I had no desire whatsoever to eat! In the past, when my husband has deployed to Iraq, or such instances, I ate for comfort. Any words of comfort or wisdom definitely welcome!
Kennie29
on 2/9/06 6:23 am - Chesapeake, VA
I would just work with them and let them know that you know that you are going to have some major changes in your life after surgery and trust me when I say that you will be tempted because I am 3 days post-op and I am tempted but I don't eat it. I am doing good so far!!!!! But just let them know that all of us our emotional eaters just about and I know I was but now I am just looking forward to losing. When my hubby went to Iraq all I did was eat and eat some more!!! Don't worry things will work out for you!!!!! Hugs, Kennie
Sharon Q.
on 2/9/06 7:20 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Man, aren't we all emotional eaters?????? How the heck would we get so heavy if we weren't???!! DUHH!!! We all have issues surrounding food, that's not the problem, the problem is how we resolve that........how we PLAN to change that!! For me it was following South Beach Diet, b4 and after surgery. That was my plan and for me it worked. I think having a plan in place is the best way to succeed. Trust me when I tell you, you won't have the space to screw up for a long while after surgery..........the foods and drinks you have to eat take all day, no time for other crap. By the time you have the room, hopefully the good habits have been established and you will know how to adjust accordingly and fight!! Anyways, sorry to ramble, but we all have the food issues, it's what brings us here, unites us. Form a plan, diet, exercise, water intake, shake intake, vitamins. Write it all down and bring it to the psychologist. Say, we are all emotional eaters, but here's my plan to combat that issue. Keep fighting girl..................fight the good fight and NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HTH!!! XOXOOXOXOOOX Sharon@ 5'7" 289/261/147/140 Start/Surgery/Today/Personal Goal Surgeons Goal was 150...........past that!!! COOL!!!
Kathy & Rich
on 2/9/06 7:41 am - Fairfax, VA
If you have ready access to counselors, go and meet with one and discuss when you eat and how you eat and all that jazz. Having a therapist that is working on the issues with you should help to get passed this hurdle! Sorry that you have to deal with this. Good luck, Kathy
Iamspoi1ed
on 2/9/06 1:03 pm - Roanoke, VA
Hey I can imagine your frustration! I too have Tricare but they werent too bad for me to deal with.....here is how I handled the pych-eval. I cant promise that this would work for you, but I hope it helps....I just basically went in there and focused on telling her about my co-morbitities.I kinda elaboratated on the many ways that carrying so much weight made my every-day life difficult. I also really stressed that I had tried to lose weight so many different ways and everytime I failed it was very hard on me, emotionally. I dont know if trying this would help when you go back, but I wish you the best of luck and I hope that you get approved very soon!!! GOOD LUCK!!!! Mary
SlimminShannon
on 2/10/06 12:20 am - Richmond, VA
I seriously doubt that there is someone on here that wasn't/isn't an emotional eater. That sucks you have to go through this. Good luck with everything. You will be at the end soon and beginning your new life. Shannon 357/235/135
(deactivated member)
on 2/10/06 6:17 am - Remington, VA
Thank you all for your responses! I'm ready to rumble now! I'm still trying to get a hold of my psychologidt and see what she has to say about it. I'm also going to prepare a letter to Tricare on my behalf. I really appreciate everyone helping me out....your support is awesome! Rest assured everyone will hear when i AM APPROVED!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views